PDA

View Full Version : Four Tops article...

test

DWSheffer
02-27-2021, 09:15 AM
Thought I would post this for anyone who missed it.
Darin

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sparks-ignited-motown-met-bob-205509102.html

PeaceNHarmony
02-28-2021, 08:43 AM
That's a great article, Darin. Lots of information I had not previously known. Reach Out is a favorite of mine, as is Bob Dylan, so the article puts a personal spin on the record for me! I recommend our other members here give the article at least a quick skim -

DWSheffer
02-28-2021, 11:12 AM
Yes, I'd never heard of any Dylan "connection" to this recording so I thought that was interesting as well.

lucky2012
02-28-2021, 12:14 PM
Phil Spector, when played a snippet of this song in an interview a few years later, called it "Motown does Dylan!" He very favorably compared Motown production to the rest of pop music, remarking that Motown had a "Volkswagen style", consistent and instantly recognizable. He went on to say that Motown definitely knew how to produce records. I took that in more ways than one. Coming from the legendary "Wall of Sound" producer [[also consistent and instantly recognizable), it was very high praise indeed. [[In the same interview, he said Burt Bacharach knew how to write songs, but was a lousy producer).

tmd
02-28-2021, 04:10 PM
It is by far the greatest song in rock history, but lets not limited as the black anthem, it was for the masses of all color. BTW Bernadette is the song that was considered the black Dylan.