PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Gaye's Biopic

test

GeeTee(HPK)
04-22-2011, 03:30 PM
This should explain it all ! READ !!!!!!!!

http://www.eurweb.com/?p=100426

GeeTee(HPK)
04-22-2011, 06:55 PM
and you can post your comments too ..... [[smh) :confused: lurkers .... :rolleyes:

daddyacey
04-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Oh ,you want to start some deep conversation here G. :D
First of all thanks for the link. I have heard that there is a lot of red tape re: clearance of Marvins Motown material. My first question ,without jumping to conclusions ,is who or whom is the appointed administrator of this music license issue, 2) Does the income from any use of his image or music go towards any debts that he owes or to family? 3) Is that issue of where the money goes in some kind of legal void because of multiple claims? 4) Is the fact that many of the KEY people that have to be included in the story
are still alive ,and though they may have some control over the music rights , are not able to control the other content that would be included in the story to be authentic? You can't make a bio pic of Marvins life without the music ,thats a fact. You couldn't make a credible movie of his complex life without stepping on a lot of toes so that is their "checkmate" ,the control of the most important part of the story? Some individuals would no doubt want some issues not to be made public. Remember this involves a powerful family and also business in the form of royalties etc.
These are the same issues that apply to Sam Cookes story being produced. I would say that we would see a Supremes reunion with Diana ,Mary and Cindy before we see a quality bio film on Marvin or Sam. :D:D [[Oh no he didn't!!!!)
Yeah ..I did !!!:D:D:D