PDA

View Full Version : Scherrie Payne Coming Soon!

test

sgianatos
04-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Listen up, everybody. New Scherrie coming this summer. Just let yourself go and enjoy that fabulous voice. :-) www.scherriepayne.com will have the latest news soon.

[Fabulous Scherrie Payne is behind the mike, her natural state!]

[Rick Gianatos, Laurnea, Scherrie, Joyce Vincent, Pam Vincent]

Also I am cutting a new version of her Glass House classic "Crumbs off the Table" with Dillon Gorman.

Yes, 2011 will be a Vintage Scherrie year.

www.nuandimprovedrecords.com

theboyfromxtown
04-21-2011, 03:31 AM
Rick Gianatos

Thank you for the information. Anything on Scherrie is good news as far as I am concerned but I have to admit that I prefer songs that I don't already know on her. A new version of "Crumbs off the table" doesn't excite me because I love the already released version. I would prefer "Want Ads", "Rip Off" or even "Bring The Boys Home" which were not released on Scherrie.

Scherrie is also a wonderful songwriter [["The Fox" is one of my all time favourites) and I am hoping that original songs from her will be included. I'd love to hear Scherrie singing with just a piano. She has a beautiful voice - one of the best - and easily deserving of being one of my top 3 singers of all time.

Good luck with the project.

sgianatos
04-21-2011, 06:18 AM
She's written quite a bit of new material for me, plus we have several unreleased tracks that we did in the past, including what was to have been the follow up to "One Night Only." "Crumbs" is one track to represent her years at Invictus. I had gotten quite a few requests that I cut it, and she also wrote it too.
Engineer Ashburn and Scherrie share a moment and leave me clueless, as usual.:confused:

luke
04-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Is Tour de Force still happening?

sgianatos
04-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Luke, I have no connection with Tour de Force. I work with Scherrie, FLOS, Freda, etc.

tomato tom
04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I would be grateful for ANYTHING on Scherrie! That voice! FAAAB....Paulo xxx

rod_rick
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey Rick I see you have Laurena in one of the photos. Do you plan on releasing anything on her because I know she is a fantastic vocalist. I remember taking a voice class with her at Los Angeles City College, so I know she has the goods. What about Joyce and Pam anything in the future for them?

sgianatos
04-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Laurnea had her first hit with me in 1982 as part of LOVE TWINS, "Miami Heatwave." She and Scherrie were out at the same time ["I'm not in Love" was my first with Scherrie]. Laurnea and I have been talking and we're going to try something out next Friday and then there's a new track ready for her to write. I'm excited to be reunited with her again. Pam, Joyce, and Scherrie absolutely LOVED working with her! Pam and Joyce will be involved with everything I do. Not planning on anything with the Vincents as lead artists at this time. But as they say, never say never! If the right project came along, well, I'd go for it. Right now, I'm doing whatever I'm feeling, if you know what I mean.