PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes and The Temptations - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me [Valley Forge/1972

test

blackguy69
02-07-2021, 04:45 PM
https://youtu.be/Jrc2O-cNJKg

khansperac
02-07-2021, 05:02 PM
The Tempts sound good here. But no one can beat the Eddie/Diana combo. I wonder if there is any live appearance with Diana and Eddie in the vaults.

Circa 1824
02-07-2021, 07:57 PM
It is Diana and Eddie or nothing.

reese
02-07-2021, 08:00 PM
The Tempts sound good here. But no one can beat the Eddie/Diana combo. I wonder if there is any live appearance with Diana and Eddie in the vaults.

Probably not. If so, it might have ended up on the JOINED TOGETHER cd.

I don't think DMC and the guys ever sang together in concert, although Cindy said that there were times they would arrive at a venue to find that they were double-billed.

RanRan79
02-08-2021, 12:55 PM
Probably not. If so, it might have ended up on the JOINED TOGETHER cd.

I don't think DMC and the guys ever sang together in concert, although Cindy said that there were times they would arrive at a venue to find that they were double-billed.

Dumb move of Motown not to give the world at least one televised performance of the groups doing this one. I would've thought they would manage to work it into GIT but apparently not.

gman
02-08-2021, 01:52 PM
GIT was a big let down...I would have loved TCB 2.

I once had a cassette with this, and Rhythm of Life [[?) from this gig...long gone!

Jean Sherrie and Lynda recorded IGMYLM for Motorcity with The Originals...although Jean is a bit piercing and shrill in her parts, it beats this mess by a long shot...the duet BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND is one of Ian Levine's best productions [[esp. the 12" mix). It should have had more exposure...it could have been the labels reunion project break though success.

sup_fan
02-08-2021, 05:35 PM
Dumb move of Motown not to give the world at least one televised performance of the groups doing this one. I would've thought they would manage to work it into GIT but apparently not.

agreed - motown was often SO GOOD at tying tv appearances to releases. but seems they got lazy later in the decade. If they had done a tv appearance, i have little doubt in my mind that it would have pushed to #1

same with Reflections. I'm assuming that the whole Flo fiasco is part of the reason why there were no tv appearances between Tonight Show in May and 9/26/67 Hollywood Palace [[which was Cindy's tv debut).