test

mjdestiny
02-06-2021, 11:30 AM
From the japanese Oldays Records :

_ The Marvelettes Smash Hits Of '62 + The Marvelettes Recorded Live On Stage

https://merurido.jp/item.php?ky=ODR7015

mysterysinger
02-06-2021, 06:33 PM
At least they're giving us some related CDs - quite prolific too.

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
02-07-2021, 01:45 AM
As long as they dont sound like they are from vinyl then Im in, but these are from vinyl arent they?

smallworld
02-07-2021, 07:30 AM
Oldays issue material of this vintage on a public domain basis. They don't have access to masters as the material is not licensed [[and thus, the artists will receive no royalties).

mysterysinger
02-27-2021, 04:56 AM
Well, well. An Oldays Brenda Holloway compilation on the way. One to pass on for me though.

BRENDA HOLLOWAY Motown Years Collection 1964-1967 JAPAN MINI LP CD

01. EVERY LITTLE BIT HURTS 
02. LAND OF A THOUSAND BOYS
03. I’LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
04. SAD SONG
05. WHEN I’M GONE
06. I’VE BEEN GOOD TO YOU
07. OPERATOR 
08. I’LL BE AVAILABLE
09. YOU CAN CRY ON MY SHOULDER 
10. HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU MEAN IT
11. TOGETHER ’TILL THE END OF TIME
12. HURT A LITTLE EVERYDAY 
13. WHERE WERE YOU
14. JUST LOOK WHAT YOU’VE DONE 
15. STARTING THE HURT ALL OVER AGAIN
16. YOU’VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY 
17. I’VE GOT TO FIND IT
18. UNCHAINED MELODY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRENDA-HOLLOWAY-Motown-Years-Collection-1964-1967-JAPAN-MINI-LP-CD/274697037912?hash=item3ff5382858:g:1QAAAOSwzJBgN9e H

jbpintus
03-17-2021, 04:55 PM
Another Motown Oldays cd has been released. One that never had a cd release yet. I spotted it pictured on the montage of artworks included in the Marvelettes Smash Hits of ‘62 / Recorded live on stage.

And there are quite a few ones on eBay. I’ve just bought mine.

The good news is that Oldays turned its attention to a Workshop Jazz label!

The bad news is that they chose Introducing... PAULA GREER

How I wish we would have had, say, the first Earl Washington or Dave Hamilton

thanxal
03-17-2021, 05:06 PM
As long as they dont sound like they are from vinyl then Im in, but these are from vinyl arent they?
I can't speak for these Motown reissues, but I have two other OldDays reissues and both are needle drops [[recordings made from consumer vinyl). One is pretty clean, the other isn't. You're taking your chances with these.

jbpintus
03-17-2021, 06:03 PM
There are 24 Motown related Oldays cds as of yet. Some are must haves, others are must to avoid.

We really need these - because never released elsewhere on cd or official download :

SUPREMES SING ROGERS AND HART [[excellent mono rip of the album)

JR WALKER AND THE ALL STARS SOUL SESSION [[excellent mono rip of the album)

MARTHA AND THE VANDELLAS WATCHOUT [[because of the Live album added as a bonus, unavailable elsewhere)

Also, MARY WELLS THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU gives us as a bonus RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE which is otherwise only available as a download, thus making the Oldays cd the only physical release of this live on cd.

BARRETT STRONG adds his post Motown singles and is a welcome addition to the collection released by Spectrum [[which itself offers us about 10 unreleased tracks)

MEET THE SUPREMES is presented with the alternate 1965 cover.

THE JAZZ SIDE OF MOTOWN collection has its moments and some Workshop Jazz or Chisa tracks not found elsewhere - as well as not Motown related tracks. It’s an enjoyable 2 cds collection.

And INTRODUCING PAULA GREER being the digital debut of the album, it will be worth too

thanxal
03-17-2021, 06:14 PM
There are 24 Motown related Oldays cds as of yet. Some are must haves, others are must to avoid.

We really need these - because never released elsewhere on cd or official download :

SUPREMES SING ROGERS AND HART [[excellent mono rip of the album)

JR WALKER AND THE ALL STARS SOUL SESSION [[excellent mono rip of the album)

MARTHA AND THE VANDELLAS WATCHOUT [[because of the Live album added as a bonus, unavailable elsewhere)

Also, MARY WELLS THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU gives us as a bonus RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE which is otherwise only available as a download, thus making the Oldays cd the only physical release of this live on cd.

BARRETT STRONG adds his post Motown singles and is a welcome addition to the collection released by Spectrum [[which itself offers us about 10 unreleased tracks)

MEET THE SUPREMES is presented with the alternate 1965 cover.

THE JAZZ SIDE OF MOTOWN collection has its moments and some Workshop Jazz or Chisa tracks not found elsewhere - as well as not Motown related tracks. It’s an enjoyable 2 cds collection.

And INTRODUCING PAULA GREER being the digital debut of the album, it will be worth too
Rodgers and Hart was reissued on CD by UMG/Motown in 2002 with a load of bonus tracks but only the stereo version, not mono + stereo like later Expanded Edition releases.

mysterysinger
03-17-2021, 08:58 PM
Paula Greer - "Introducing Paula" has been available on download for some time - I've had it a while - sounds a little crackly in parts so must be a needle drop but overall ok.

mjdestiny
03-18-2021, 05:50 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Barbara-McNair-Motown-Vault-1966-1968/dp/B08WZCV795/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=motown&qid=1616060698&s=music&sr=1-2

What is it ?
What is the tracklist ?

luckyluckyme
03-18-2021, 05:59 AM
https://barbaramcnair.com/barbara-mcnair-motown-from-the-vault-1966-1969/

mysterysinger
03-18-2021, 05:38 PM
This looks quite nice - the tracklist is shown on the photo.

01 You've Got Possibilities
02 A World Without You
03 All I Want Is A Little Bit Of Love
04 Day In - Day Out
05 Lost
06 Put On A Happy Face
07 Smile
08 The Second Time Around
09 If I Am Lucky
10 The Real You
11 Ain't It A Shame
12 The Good Times Are Gone