PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Starr - Clean Album

test

jaybs
04-19-2011, 06:13 AM
At long last after a few delays the CLEAN album [[remastered) by THE EDWIN STARR arrived today, what a Real Gentleman of Soul, one that is really missed.

Listening to the first track "I'm so into You" is Edwin at his very best! what a performer he was, he appeared at quite a few concerts the radio station I worked for put on, one was with another Top Act and they were stuck on the motorway, without having to say a word to him Edwin came up to me and said the Band and myself will go on and do an extra 20 minutes so the crowd are not waiting around! and typical Edwin he just did it because it is what he Loved. I can tell you he was also perfect to interview that smile was so Infectious!

It is well worth the price for this CD!

theboyfromxtown
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I received my CD copy today too. I bought the album so I know how good it is.

jaybs
04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Playing now J and Edwin like Levi brings tears into my eyes!

theboyfromxtown
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
John

I feel for you. I believe it's your passion for the music that makes you feel that way.

I got some songs that I just cannot play any more too..it brings back open wounds and it's painful.

tamla617
04-19-2011, 06:38 PM
jaybs
if your levis are that tight get the next size up!

edwin was probably the best live act i've ever seen [[4 times) so much energy and just brilliant,and friendly too,a real gent.

sgianatos
04-21-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm excited about this album because my first chart hit was my mix of "Contact." But I really love this album because of the Lamont Dozier produced material, such "Storm Clouds on the Way" and "Don't Waste Your Time."

Just ordered my copy!!!!

jaybs
04-22-2011, 11:28 AM
jaybs
if your levis are that tight get the next size up!

edwin was probably the best live act i've ever seen [[4 times) so much energy and just brilliant,and friendly too,a real gent.

LEVI STUBBS was Tight with his vocal 110%! Edwin I agree was amazing Live and always the best Bands you could find.

"Storm Clouds" is just superb, "CLEAN" is now on my iPod and played all the time!

If you like Edwin get this album fast!

tomato tom
04-22-2011, 12:31 PM
I sure will. Does anyone know if his first album after Motown for Granite, Free To Be Myself, might see a CD release?..Funny I was just playing his Hell Up In Harlem Soundtrack earlier...Easin Out.Paulo xxx

paladin
04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Glad you guys are talking about this, guess I'll pull out the vinyl......