PDA

View Full Version : G. C. Cameron

test

blkfrost
04-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I am a big fan of G. C. Cameron solo albums. Would love to see "G. C. Cameron" and "You're What's Missing In My Life" released on CD. The 1976 "G. C. Cameron" album including one my favorite song by him..."Me And My Life". Any other G. C. fans?

big_mac
04-18-2011, 02:44 PM
I second that. Love the "G.C. Cameron" album, one of my all time favourite Motown tracks appears on this album, namely, "Truly Blue", For those unfamiliar with the track, it is a throw back to the vintage Motown Sound, check it out!

soulstevie
04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
his two other motown albums are only available as japanes imports and they cost a fortune. so i wouldnŽt mind a uk styled anthology of all his albums for motown. they should fit onto two discs and thereŽd still be a little spce for rare tracks.

REDHOT
04-18-2011, 09:17 PM
What about the album,that G.C recorded with Syreeta ? I would LOVE to have that on cd,G.C and Syreeta sound great together.
Please stay positive

jack020
04-19-2011, 02:17 AM
The duet album with Syreeta was released in Japan on cd in 2000 but is now hard te get.

tomato tom
04-19-2011, 03:55 PM
I only have the album G.C.CAMERON on vinyl, plus the duet album with Syreeta. Both I like. have not or heard the others. Have a few singles like What It Is, Dont Wanna Pyjama James etc. But what a great voice. Do I remember that he ended up in the Temps?....Paulo xxxx

tamla617
04-19-2011, 06:26 PM
paulo
he replaced barrington "bo" henderson in the temptations in 2003 and was on their "reflections" album singing lead on "how sweet it is" [[to be loved by you) and nominated for a grammy for it.

i've got gc cameron self titled lp.top track "if i ever lose this heaven" [[imo) and the other lps on mp3.
i've also got "if you dont love me" 7" but its the b side "topics" that i bought it for, its so different from anything else he did,,its almost in a marvin gaye post '71 style.and as far as i know topics only appeared as that b side and not on any lps'
"if you dont love me"came from the "love songs and other tragedies" lp.a bit odd to pick a b side from "nowhere"

he had an album canned on mowest, MW107,"7th son" 1973.i wonder what was on it,i dont think any tracks off it escaped to other albums.but i'll guess "act like a shotgun" and "girl i really love you" 1971 [[mowest 5005f a and b sides respectively) and "dont wanna play pyjama games" and "jesus,help me find another way" 1972 [[mowest 5036f a and b sides) could have been 4 of those tracks,they didnt come out on any other lps either with maybe "topics" aswell

tomato tom
04-21-2011, 01:06 PM
tamla617..many thanks for the info..Paulo xxx

bjmingo
05-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Check out youtube.com

gcameronify

G.C. Cameron would like to hear from you!

If you are a fan of G.C Cameron music please write him here:
GCCameron@gccameron.­net

Amithesameboy
05-24-2011, 03:55 PM
No- one has mentioned what i believe to be three of his best ever moments :

1. The " Include me in your life " track from the " G.C. Cameron " LP.

2. The duet with Syreeta, " I wanna be by your side " , from the " Stevie Wonder Presents Syreeta " LP.

3. The " Give me your love " LP he recorded for Malaco in 1983.

bjmingo
05-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Direct link to GC Cameron official page on youtube.com.http://www.youtube.com/user/gccameronify?feature=mhee

Mr. Cameron is showing his appreciation by sharing his musical library to his devoted fans.
More videos will be uploaded.
Feel free to leave Mr. Cameron a comment, he will be looking in.
God Bless!!

positivesoul
05-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't get a chance to post as frequently as in times past, but I still try to check the boards often. I HAD to respond on this thread because it's refreshing for me to see a variety of Motown artists talked about instead of so much on the "usual suspects". That's not meant as a putdown though to those who prefer to write about only a very few artists -I could write about Tammi, Marvin & the Tempts all day if I had the time -and I love even the "overexposed" Motown acts! I realize we all have the right to respond to what excites us.

Now about Mr. Cameron, truly a favorite as well. I wish he had become a major solo act. Loved MANY of his songs, but I still especially play "Give You Respect" and Stevie's productions -and of course the original "It's So Hard..." GREAT interpreter.