PDA

View Full Version : Book reviewer tackles books on aretha, marvin gaye, tina turner, whitney, luther, etc

test

glencro
01-08-2021, 11:52 PM
Her style is unorthodox. Her reviews are detailed, ghetto and in my opinion hilarious. She's reviewed books on Rick James, Jan Gaye, Morris Day, Tina Turner, Luther Vandross & others. Here's a clip of her reviewing Aretha's RESPECT. She's not for everyone but again, I was entertained by her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPMRzQpPH_U&t=691s

PeaceNHarmony
01-09-2021, 08:45 AM
What a great find! The lady sure knows what she is talking about, that's for sure. I'm a book lover and it's always interesting to see what others think about books I've also read. I am IN on being 'privy to the shenanigans'! Thanks for a great start to the weekend and a reprieve from the recent news. 'Expound, child! EXPOUND!'

glencro
01-11-2021, 10:20 PM
What a great find! The lady sure knows what she is talking about, that's for sure. I'm a book lover and it's always interesting to see what others think about books I've also read. I am IN on being 'privy to the shenanigans'! Thanks for a great start to the weekend and a reprieve from the recent news. 'Expound, child! EXPOUND!'

So glad that you like it. A friend of mine who's an avid book reader hates her style but I had several outbursts of laughter listening to her. I'm currently listening to her review of Jan Gaye's book and it's a hoot. Jan had affairs with Frankie Beverly, Rick James and Teddy Pendergrass.

PeaceNHarmony
01-12-2021, 10:22 AM
So glad that you like it. A friend of mine who's an avid book reader hates her style but I had several outbursts of laughter listening to her. I'm currently listening to her review of Jan Gaye's book and it's a hoot. Jan had affairs with Frankie Beverly, Rick James and Teddy Pendergrass.I LOVE her presentation. Funny as a mo fo' and the interesting thing is that Nay Rob really gets to the point of 'the shenanigans' and has lots of very sophisticated ideas/opinions which should not be overlooked just because of her style. Her takes on life-choices by Tina Turner and Whitney Houston are truly enlightening [[and, I believe, most likely correct). And she encapsulates Aretha as good as [[if not better than) any other more 'intellectual' commentator so far.

glencro
01-12-2021, 04:07 PM
I LOVE her presentation. Funny as a mo fo' and the interesting thing is that Nay Rob really gets to the point of 'the shenanigans' and has lots of very sophisticated ideas/opinions which should not be overlooked just because of her style. Her takes on life-choices by Tina Turner and Whitney Houston are truly enlightening [[and, I believe, most likely correct). And she encapsulates Aretha as good as [[if not better than) any other more 'intellectual' commentator so far.

You're so right. She definitely tells it like it is in her own funny and brutally honest way.