PDA

View Full Version : Arsenioooooooo hall....woof, woof

test

glencro
04-15-2011, 07:34 AM
I really miss the Arsenio Hall Show and hope that one day someone will get smart enough and release some of the great performances that appeared on his show onto dvd. I have several favorite moments and performances from his show. What are some of yours? Here are mine:

Stevie Wonder & Whitney Houston singing "We Didn't Know"
Jennifer Holliday sitting in with the band...all I can say is WOW
CeCe Winans SINGIN THE FOOL OUTTA "Don't Cry For Me"
Interview with Phyllis Hyman
El DeBarge singing "Real Love" & "Somebody Loves You" from solo debut [[didn't realize what a great dancer he was)
BeBe & CeCe Winans, Mom & Pop Winans and The Clark Sisters SANGIN "He's Got The Whole World In His Hand" [[another WOW moment)
Arsenio referring to a then heavier VESTA as BREASTA [[still laughing after all these yrs)

reese
04-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Diana Ross premiering THE FORCE BEHIND THE POWER.

The Patti LaBelle tribute show with guests Michael McDonald, Luther Vandross, and Big Daddy Kane.

LaWanda Page doing the "Hookers In Church" joke.

paladin
04-15-2011, 09:06 AM
The Dramatics...and the Temptations and Boys 2 Men....Johnny Gill........

Ms Flo
04-15-2011, 09:40 AM
I saw Ali [[Ollie) Woodson on there and he was in the audience. Arsensio chatted with him and then gave him the mic. He proceeded to "kill" Treat Her Like a Lady, accapella. It was wonderful. I miss Ali.

timmyfunk
04-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Just give me the episode where George Clinton and members of P-Funk sat in with the house band. I already have the 1993 episode that was devoted entirely to P-Funk.

blueskies
04-15-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_OisN_v3XA&list=MLGxdCwVVULXfZld7LkHmh7oc38PtbUNyT

One of my favorites! Does anyone know who the back up singers are?

glencro
04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Luther Vandross & Martha Wash singing "I Who Have Nothing"...sheer magic

marv2
04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_OisN_v3XA&list=MLGxdCwVVULXfZld7LkHmh7oc38PtbUNyT

One of my favorites! Does anyone know who the back up singers are?

YES!!! That was one of my favorites too! Could Mary Wilson look any hotter than she did that night?
The back up singer is China Pace. I can't remember the name at the moment of the other lady.

I miss Arsenio Hall's Show too.

chidrummer
04-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Sting doing Purple Haze
Prince's appearances
The P-Funk Tribute

Hey BET, reruns would be nice:rolleyes:

timmyfunk
04-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Sting doing Purple Haze
Prince's appearances
The P-Funk Tribute

Hey BET, reruns would be nice:rolleyes:

Most def. I wouldn't mind getting a straight digital copy of that P-Funk show.

tsull1
04-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Great show, great guests. I liked The Dramatics on there, trying to find it right now.

Mary looks absolutely stunning in this video, thanks!