PDA

View Full Version : Quick Motown Tour Including Studio A: THIS OLD HOUSE

test

Boogiedown
12-31-2020, 12:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71PODD2e9e0

drlorne
12-31-2020, 11:17 AM
That was so cool. Everyone loves Motown.

grapevine
01-01-2021, 09:23 AM
...been there ...done that ...and [[truthfully) ...got the T-shirt...! ...amazing place ...everyone should go...!

Grape :)

DWSheffer
01-01-2021, 09:45 AM
Everyone should help support the Museum with a membership as well, especially for the hard times ahead!
Darin

snakepit
01-01-2021, 10:23 AM
I visited before the official tours...me and friend left to walk around Studio A and others rooms unaccompanied..and went 3 days running!!
One day was a 'tour' of sorts...video, young man leading....probably a lot more official now...and limited access

Boogiedown
01-01-2021, 02:06 PM
I visited before the official tours...me and friend left to walk around Studio A and others rooms unattended...and went 3 days running!!
One day was a 'tour' of sorts...video, young man leading....probably a lot more official now...and limited access

:cool:fantastic!!!:cool:

re: OLD HOUSE content: I did not know that Motown owned each of those side by side houses, thought it was just the one. [[ I wonder what the backyard was like ??)

Also the "Motown" song being played in the background while the truck is touring the neighborhood ?? ....

snakepit
01-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Not Motown...perhaps couldn't get the performance rights?
Motown eventually had about 5 houses...and two on the other side of West Grand Blvd. The one to the left of Hitsville burned down in a fire.

Boogiedown
01-02-2021, 05:32 PM
Not Motown...perhaps couldn't get the performance rights?
What an upside down [[hi diana) world we live in. You'd think Motown would be pleading to please include some genuine Motown music in your expose'.

Free exposure to a distanced market? Use all you want, the more the better.