PDA

View Full Version : " If We Hold on Together" 1989 Oscars

test

TNSUN
12-19-2020, 02:24 AM
Diana Ross sang this song for the movie, "The Land Before Time".The song was not nominated for best movie Best Song. Diana Ross gave a great vocal performance to this song.Any thoughts?

Bluebrock
12-19-2020, 08:59 AM
Diana Ross sang this song for the movie, "The Land Before Time".The song was not nominated for best movie Best Song. Diana Ross gave a great vocal performance to this song.Any thoughts?

It's a lovely song with a very nice vocal from Diana. Not sure how well the film did at the box office? I don't recall it being a blockbuster which could account for it being overlooked?

rovereab
12-19-2020, 10:03 AM
For me, this is one of Diana's best songs. Great vocal performance, great lyrics and great instrumentation.

A film with some heart wrenching scenes but with the search for better things. I think we could all do with the Great Valley right now.

RanRan79
12-19-2020, 12:19 PM
I don't recall ever seeing the performance. Looked on Youtube and it doesn't seem to be there, unless I overlooked it, so it's hard to give an opinion about it. However, I'll ditto Rovereab's post above. Great song and great movie. I think I re-watched it last about three years ago.

reese
12-19-2020, 12:21 PM
I don't recall ever seeing the performance. Looked on Youtube and it doesn't seem to be there, unless I overlooked it, so it's hard to give an opinion about it. However, I'll ditto Rovereab's post above. Great song and great movie. I think I re-watched it last about three years ago.

She didn't perform it at the Oscars. The op was just wondering why it wasn't nominated for an award.

RanRan79
12-19-2020, 01:01 PM
She didn't perform it at the Oscars. The op was just wondering why it wasn't nominated for an award.

Duh. What the hell was I reading? Everyone excuse my nonsensical post. Just the one Reese references, not 5,309 others the post tabulator says I have.;)

Roberta75
12-19-2020, 09:11 PM
Love this song so much. She also sang it in Christmas in Vienna but it wasnt included in the broadcast show that air, Heres probably my all time favorite TV clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyM9sRqR9Uk

Roberta75
12-19-2020, 09:12 PM
If we hold on Together. from Vienna. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtYSpRXEyXA

Levi Stubbs Tears
12-20-2020, 12:54 AM
Diana did sing at the 1990 Academy Awards though...

"Over the Rainbow"