PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross Live Aid Question

test

RanRan79
12-01-2020, 01:30 PM
Why no Ross at Live Aid? Was she asked, but declined? I've always thought this would be an event her participation would be mandatory. I've read MJ was asked to participate but had other obligations.

reese
12-01-2020, 02:43 PM
I never heard whether or not Diana was asked to do LIVE AID. Not sure what she doing around that time, maybe finishing EATEN ALIVE?

A couple of years before, she reportedly turned down a 50-minute slot at the US Music Festival, supposedly because at that time she didn't appear on shows with other performers. Maybe she felt the same about LIVE AID.

RanRan79
12-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info Reese. I feel like her absence from this project is huge, especially considering how she feels about charitable things.

khansperac
12-01-2020, 08:50 PM
If it was around the Eaten Alive time, she may have been caught up in her whirlwind romance, and taking time off.

Levi Stubbs Tears
12-02-2020, 12:09 AM
at that time she didn't appear on shows with other performers.

I can remember that allegation although I guess we should say 'didn't appear at concert performances with others' as she seemed to have no problems performing on TV shows [[eg Oscars, American Music Awards) where there were obviously other musical performances.

daviddh
12-03-2020, 06:25 PM
I remember on the the divas shows...after ...the Ross special....she appeared again and sang but did not join the final with the other ladies.
Thought it was snobby personally