PDA

View Full Version : WOMEN WHO ROCK [[Stevie Nicks, Sister Sledge, Salt&Pepa, etc) ON OPRAH WED., APRIL 13

test

glencro
04-12-2011, 07:12 AM
In a salute to women who have rocked our world's musically over the past few decades OPRAH will air a tribute to these musical lgends. Stevie Nicks, Sister Sledge [[original line up who haven't performed together in years), Pat Benatar, Salt & Pepa and Sheryl Crow will grace our tv screen on Wednesday, April 13th. I don't know about you but I'm tuning in.

nysister
04-12-2011, 03:00 PM
In a salute to women who have rocked our world's musically over the past few decades OPRAH will air a tribute to these musical lgends. Stevie Nicks, Sister Sledge [[original line up who haven't performed together in years), Pat Benatar, Salt & Pepa and Sheryl Crow will grace our tv screen on Wednesday, April 13th. I don't know about you but I'm tuning in.

Wow, that's a nice line up. I love me some Stevie Nicks and Pat Benatar!

glencro
04-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Great show...really enjoyed everyone but Salt & Pepa and Pat Benatar had me goin...here's a great behind the scenes clip of Sister Sledge...they look great [[fabulously 50's) and harmonies are on point http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Backstage-with-Sister-Sledge-Video

Motown_M_1056
04-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Great show...really enjoyed everyone but Salt & Pepa and Pat Benatar had me goin...here's a great behind the scenes clip of Sister Sledge...they look great [[fabulously 50's) and harmonies are on point http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Backstage-with-Sister-Sledge-Video

Is Oprah really that interested in Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar and Joan Jett? At least she got Sister Sledge to reunite. But what about a show saluting soul music legends who have never been on the Oprah show?

arrr&bee
04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Wilma flintstone?

glencro
04-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Is Oprah really that interested in Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar and Joan Jett? At least she got Sister Sledge to reunite. But what about a show saluting soul music legends who have never been on the Oprah show?

That would be a great idea Motown_M_1056 BUT it seems that Oprah's appeal is so mainstream until the underdogs often get left behind. She's definitely in a position to shead light on some of the pioneers of soul music by doing a show on them but I believe in her mind and her staff's mind, that's not what the public wants to see. After all of these years I just found out that there is a board on her site where show suggestions are made and there's actually someone from her staff monitoring it. She only has 30 shows left to air but a crusade to get a show like this should be started. She's showcased country legend son several occasions..."I'm jus sayin..."