PDA

View Full Version : New Jobete Discovery: Mr Bo & His Blue Beats: Diamond Jim 8797 1968

test

Graham Jarvis
11-21-2020, 05:56 AM
How did this ever become a Jobete record? & how did Jim Riley come to allow that to happen as there was no love lost between J.R. & Berry Gordy.

Sorry its Mr Bo & His Blues Boy's

Now also added to DFTMC

booty
11-21-2020, 01:24 PM
Has DFTMC been updated? It is still showing 2018 edition.

Graham Jarvis
11-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Keith [[Hughes) wasn't to well last year, he's a lot better now, but has a bit of backlog to catch up with.

Motown Eddie
11-21-2020, 02:27 PM
How did this ever become a Jobete record? & how did Jim Riley come to allow that to happen as there was no love lost between J.R. & Berry Gordy.

Sorry its Mr Bo & His Blues Boy's

Now also added to DFTMC

Very interesting find! I looked up Mr. Bo & The Blues Boys at Discogs and they released 4 singles and "Baby Your Hair Looks Bad" is the only song published by Jobete. I'm going to take a guess that this was a way to pay off money that Jim Riley owed Berry Gordy.

robb_k
12-05-2020, 01:46 PM
Very interesting find! I looked up Mr. Bo & The Blues Boys at Discogs and they released 4 singles and "Baby Your Hair Looks Bad" is the only song published by Jobete. I'm going to take a guess that this was a way to pay off money that Jim Riley owed Berry Gordy.
That seems to be a reasonable possibility, given that it appears that Riley, himself, seems to have written the song.