PDA

View Full Version : Miss Blinky is on the Way to My Door!

test

daviddesper
11-19-2020, 08:04 PM
Last week luckyluckyme was nice enough to tip us off to the 3 for 2 sale at Amazon, so lucky lucky me was able to take advantage and I ordered the Blinky set along with five other items. I had previously balked at Blinky due to price, but with this sale I got her for something in the range of $13 by the time the discount was applied.

So I have just gotten an e-mail telling me that she has been shipped and will arrive by Tuesday. The other items are listed for delivery later in the week. I guess I am supposed to assume that Amazon has a sense of priorities and that she will be the feature attraction in my order.

I will be sure to report after playing the collection. At this point I literally only know one duet with Edwin and her solo song I Wouldn't Change the Man He Is, so hopefully there will be some other gems in there.

SatansBlues
11-19-2020, 08:13 PM
You will ENJOY her anthology. She has that beautiful, classic Motown voice.

Bluebrock
11-20-2020, 03:26 AM
Last week luckyluckyme was nice enough to tip us off to the 3 for 2 sale at Amazon, so lucky lucky me was able to take advantage and I ordered the Blinky set along with five other items. I had previously balked at Blinky due to price, but with this sale I got her for something in the range of $13 by the time the discount was applied.

So I have just gotten an e-mail telling me that she has been shipped and will arrive by Tuesday. The other items are listed for delivery later in the week. I guess I am supposed to assume that Amazon has a sense of priorities and that she will be the feature attraction in my order.

I will be sure to report after playing the collection. At this point I literally only know one duet with Edwin and her solo song I Wouldn't Change the Man He Is, so hopefully there will be some other gems in there.
I enjoyed the Blinky compilation. There are a few sub standard songs on there, but the majority are very listenable to say the very least and Blinky sounds wonderful throughout. Enjoy!

jack020
11-20-2020, 04:58 AM
Hate to say it but I started that thread! :)

luckyluckyme
11-20-2020, 11:07 AM
Hate to say it but I started that thread! :)

Don't 'Hate to say it'. The truth is worth stating: You did indeed start this tread. Dave got a little flustered when the way in which the sale was set up was confusing. I merely helped sift through some of it.

daviddesper
11-20-2020, 01:22 PM
Sorry if I caused any confusion. As he just stated it was luckyluckyme who slapped me around until I finally got the hang of it. So I guess in my mind it was his thread. My bad. Bottom line is that I hope others besides just me were able to take advantage of it and get some good deals.