PDA

View Full Version : Tracee Ellis Ross named People’s Choice Fashion Awards Fashion Icon

test

PeaceNHarmony
11-16-2020, 10:09 AM
Today's NY Daily News -

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-tracee-ellis-ross-pcas-icon-20201116-bwncsjdrlfdr7huflixtza3hiu-story.html

lucky2012
11-16-2020, 10:31 AM
Thank you for this. I admire Tracy and love that she honored both of her parents.

theboyfromxtown
11-16-2020, 11:08 AM
Can you reporduce the text please. This is what I get

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

PeaceNHarmony
11-16-2020, 01:16 PM
Can you reporduce the text please. This is what I get

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

Here it is, BFM -
Tracee Ellis Ross named People’s Choice Fashion Awards Fashion Icon: ‘Suit up and show up’
Tracee Ellis Ross is working it for the greater good.

While accepting her award for Fashion Icon at E!'s People’s Choice Awards Sunday night, the “High Note” [[https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/ny-kelvin-harrison-jr-interview-20200529-5qqlxi4zivgshlo5wd56nktjny-story.html) star gave a special shoutout to her parents — particularly mom and Motown icon Diana Ross — and the true power of fashion. The “Black-ish” star, 48, thanked her dad, music manager Robert Ellis Silberstein, for the pair of Ralph Lauren jeans she tricked him into buying her when she was 14.

She then moved onto the “Endless Love” singer, “the icon herself, my mom, not only for her great parenting and not acquiescing” to Ross' admitted childhood tantrums, but “her sense of style, her epic closet, sense of glamour that introduced me to the power of fashion.”

Just because Ross grew up with parents in the entertainment industry doesn’t mean she only ever wore the glitziest garb around.

“Secondhand clothing helped me understand that style has nothing to do with money,” the funny lady said. “If fashion is the thing that draws you in, then use it ... [for] transformation.”

The “Girlfriends” actress encouraged people to "let clothes be your superhero cape.

“Suit up and show up," she said, pointing to actors wearing black at the Golden Globes to stand up against sexual harassment via the Time’s Up movement, or the act of wearing Black Lives Matter shirts.

“Our action creates our destiny, our joy, creates space for our freedom."

theboyfromxtown
11-19-2020, 04:06 AM
Thank you very much for copying it for those who can't access it.

nativeNY63
12-14-2020, 09:39 AM
Notice how Tracee has been popping up everywhere. And seemingly doing everything. Even commercials. "Girfriend" [[get it?) got it going on! Evan too. It's those Ross genes.

PeaceNHarmony
12-15-2020, 08:27 PM
Notice how Tracee has been popping up everywhere. And seemingly doing everything. Even commercials. "Girfriend" [[get it?) got it going on! Evan too. It's those Ross genes.And methinks a good upbringing as well as the Ross genes.

Boogiedown
12-16-2020, 04:44 PM
talk about a sack of last years [[moldy) beans! lol!

https://tomandlorenzo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Tracee-Ellis-Ross-Blackish-2019-NAACP-Image-Awards-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Marc-Jacobs-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-4.jpg

nativeNY63
12-16-2020, 10:00 PM
talk about a sack of last years [[moldy) beans! lol!

https://tomandlorenzo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Tracee-Ellis-Ross-Blackish-2019-NAACP-Image-Awards-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Marc-Jacobs-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-4.jpg

Yeah! These so-called designer dresses are a big fail. You know it started with Lady Gaga. And continues with that Porter guy & now Harry Styles.

nativeNY63
12-16-2020, 10:01 PM
Tracee looks like old shrubbery!