PDA

View Full Version : The Jackson 5 - Ultimate Collection colored vinyl on 6 november.

test

François
11-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Good morning all,

This is my very first post. Living in France, I will ask you to be indulgent with my broken English with google translation :)

To quickly introduce myself, I am 54 years old and I have been a fan of Michael Jackson for about 40 years and it is thanks to him that I discovered the Motown sound. My second favorite artist at Motown being Marvin Gaye.

As I haven't seen anything about it on the forum, I wanted to let you know that the Jackson 5 album titled The Ultimate Collection will be reissued in colored double vinyl on November 6 and only at walmart ;)

This is the link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Jackson-5-Ultimate-Collection-Walmart-Exclusive-Vinyl/339833659

The original tracklist was :

I Want You Back
ABC
The Love You Save
I’ll Be There
It’s Your Thing [[Soulsation! Version)
Who’s Lovin’ You
Mama’s Pearl
Never Can Say Goodbye [[Single Version)
Maybe Tomorrow
Got To Be There [[Single Version)
Sugar Daddy [[Single Version)
Rockin’ Robin
Daddy’s Home
Lookin’ Through The Windows
I Wanna Be Where You Are
Get It Together [[Single Version)
Dancing Machine [[Single Version)
The Life Of The Party
I Am Love [[Pt. 1 & 2)
Just A Little Bit Of You
It’s Your Thing [[The J5 In ’95 Extended Remix)

PeaceNHarmony
11-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Welcome, Francois! This looks like a beautiful collector's item.

mjdestiny
11-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Welcome François !!
I live in France too !!

jbpintus
11-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Welcome François,
Great to see another French buddy over here. You’ll make tons of friends from all over the world over here if you want.
And thanks for the info on the J5 ‘new’ release
JB
[[From Reims, Champagne)

rovereab
11-06-2020, 06:17 AM
Bonjour François

France has been lucky over the years to have some variations on UK Motown releases. When on holiday in Argelès-sur-Mer several years ago I noticed that Stevie Wonder's Song Review CD was a double CD release. In the UK we only had a single CD album so I bought a French version. Great value from Auchan in Perpignan!

François
11-06-2020, 06:54 AM
Thank you for your welcome. Obviously, France loves the Motown sound;)

DWSheffer
11-06-2020, 11:31 AM
Thanks for posting the "heads up".....I will be adding this to my collection.
Darin

jbpintus
11-06-2020, 05:16 PM
Re : Stevie’s SONG REVIEW cd.
Japan also has a different tracklisting than UK and US versions.

Same with BALLAD COLLECTION released shortly after, which Japan cd even includes an exclusive song for Japan “To Feel the Fire”.
And an exclusive 2-CDs version Of that cd contains a gospel version of the song. Both now available worldwide I believe online on last years Stevie Wonders set of Single collections.

Funny that I used to be on holiday each summer in Argeles sur Mer too between 1998 and 2007.

Sorry for the OT post. 😳

JB

François
12-30-2020, 11:04 AM
After the release on November 6 on Walmart of The Ultimate Collection of the Jackson 5 in colored double vinyl, know that this album will be released in classic color double vinyl on February 5, 2021.

You should normally find it at Amazon.