PDA

View Full Version : Answer this 106!

test

arr&bee
11-02-2020, 07:23 PM
What motown album has a an artist on the cover,who has nothing to do with the songs on it?

MIKEW-UK
11-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Pamela Grier, Foxy Brown?

marybrewster
11-02-2020, 09:32 PM
THIS OLD HEART OF MINE - The Isley Brothers

luckyluckyme
11-02-2020, 09:41 PM
The Supremes: Floy Joy
Lynda Lawrence is pictured but is not on any of the songs.

marybrewster
11-02-2020, 11:25 PM
The Return of the Marvelettes - The Marvelettes

robb_k
11-03-2020, 04:32 AM
The Return of the Marvelettes - The Marvelettes
THIS answer is correct!

robb_k
11-03-2020, 04:34 AM
THIS OLD HEART OF MINE - The Isley Brothers
What Motown album has a an artist on the cover,who has nothing to do with the songs on it?
Who on that cover is a Motown singing artist?

paul_nixon
11-03-2020, 04:53 AM
What Motown album has a an artist on the cover,who has nothing to do with the songs on it?

Didn't The Return of the Marvelettes have a Marvelette on it? I always thought Wanda was on the cover...

robb_k
11-03-2020, 05:16 AM
Didn't The Return of the Marvelettes have a Marvelette on it? I always thought Wanda was on the cover...
Yes. Wanda was the only one whose face was shown clearly. But, it's likely that the other two women did NOT sing on any of the LPs recordings, unless they were two of The Andantes [[and I don't think they were).

calvin
11-03-2020, 06:21 AM
If we don't know who the other women on the cover of "Return of The Marvelettes" are, how do we know that they are "artists"?

I like luckyluckyme's answer - Lynda Laurence was brought in to replace Cindy Birdsong after "Floy Joy" was recorded, but it's Lynda on the cover, not Cindy.

reese
11-03-2020, 09:40 AM
If we don't know who the other women on the cover of "Return of The Marvelettes" are, how do we know that they are "artists"?

I like luckyluckyme's answer - Lynda Laurence was brought in to replace Cindy Birdsong after "Floy Joy" was recorded, but it's Lynda on the cover, not Cindy.

On Facebook some time back, one of the female members of the Undisputed Truth said that she was one of the women who posed alongside Wanda for the cover. She even revealed that the horses were fake.

calvin
11-03-2020, 09:50 AM
On Facebook some time back, one of the female members of the Undisputed Truth said that she was one of the women who posed alongside Wanda for the cover. She even revealed that the horses were fake.

Yes, that could be. From Wikipedia:

"The record's cover instead featured a new picture of Young and two fake Marvelettes [[reportedly Billie Rae Calvin and Brenda Joyce Evans of The Undisputed Truth)."

If that report is right, then there would be more than one correct answer to this question.

motony
11-03-2020, 10:29 AM
On "Return of the Marvelettes" "Uptown" IS The Marvelettes.

marybrewster
11-03-2020, 12:39 PM

Isn't it Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee? ;)

reese
11-03-2020, 02:42 PM
Yes, that could be. From Wikipedia:

"The record's cover instead featured a new picture of Young and two fake Marvelettes [[reportedly Billie Rae Calvin and Brenda Joyce Evans of The Undisputed Truth)."

If that report is right, then there would be more than one correct answer to this question.

I found the Facebook quote from Brenda Evans of the Undisputed Truth in another thread.

"Yes Billie and I thought we were scheduled to do session background work that day. We didn't have a clue what was happening. We wasn't told anything about the Marvelettes. We were put on two fake horses incognito. Motown at that time didn't tell us what was going on. I had forgot we did that Photo for a couple of decades."

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
11-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Isn't it Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee? ;) I like your guess best of all

Roger Polhill
11-03-2020, 04:45 PM
It`s Donald and Melania.

arr&bee
11-03-2020, 05:50 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa,wow good stuff gang,but i was refering to the miracles[1970]christmas lp,with wanda rodgers on the cover,of course she was married to booby rodgers at the time.

paul_nixon
11-04-2020, 05:14 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa,wow good stuff gang,but i was refering to the miracles[1970]christmas lp,with wanda rodgers on the cover,of course she was married to booby rodgers at the time.

That's a brilliant answer