PDA

View Full Version : Who Played Bass in Tammi's "I Can't Believe You Love Me"?

test

TammiTerrellFan
10-29-2020, 03:11 PM
Very curious about this Tammi Terrell track because the bass on this track is really funky! Especially the parts where it's just Tammi and the bass! So great.

jboy88
10-29-2020, 04:51 PM
That’s easy! Mr. James Jamerson played bass on this as well as almost all of Tammi’s other Motown recordings.

Sotosound
10-29-2020, 04:56 PM
Love that track as a solo track and as a duet.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
10-29-2020, 06:04 PM
Very curious about this Tammi Terrell track because the bass on this track is really funky! Especially the parts where it's just Tammi and the bass! So great.
I've been playing this the last few days and even after some 20+ years, that part gives me chills. Just Tammi, a couple guitar licks and James's bass. I keep wondering how they came up with that; those off-time pauses. And is that a certain time signature they're playing in on that part? Amazing song. My favorite Tammi record!

TammiTerrellFan
10-30-2020, 12:01 AM
I've been playing this the last few days and even after some 20+ years, that part gives me chills. Just Tammi, a couple guitar licks and James's bass. I keep wondering how they came up with that; those off-time pauses. And is that a certain time signature they're playing in on that part? Amazing song. My favorite Tammi record!

Dear Waiting, that groove makes you want to dance!

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
11-01-2020, 02:28 AM
Dear Waiting, that groove makes you want to dance!
Yes! So this song is kind of a NO-NO for me when I'm driving. Makes me totally ignore the speed limit! [[But it's worth getting a ticket for Tammi!)

motony
11-02-2020, 11:16 AM
thats the first Motown 45 I bought by Tammi, I had heard on the radio and the dj said she was Tammy Montgomery formerly with James Brown & that sent me to the record shop.