PDA

View Full Version : Drats: Swbt

test

marybrewster
10-14-2020, 09:31 AM
On this date in 1969, "Someday We'll Be Together" was released. It would hit the #1 spot and be the last #1 of the 1960's!

TYK1986
10-14-2020, 04:43 PM
That intro is one of the best ever! Perfect song to end the decade and swan song for Diana Ross ending her Supremes tenure. The instrumental track, background singers and Diana's vocals mix so well together. I didn't really like this song as a teen but it has definitely grown on me a lot. How many different versions have we got now released? Single version, LP version?, the one on the lost and found, I think the 2002 anthology is a different mix and then there's the live version on their farewell album. Any more?

marybrewster
10-14-2020, 07:56 PM
There was a remix on "Diana: "Extended"

TYK1986
10-15-2020, 05:36 AM
I'm glad they didn't release the version with the organ intro on lost and found. I'll have to listen to that extended version. Her phrasing and instrumental track on the single is unbeatable and almost never sound quite as good live.

sup_fan
10-15-2020, 11:51 AM
i agree - the organ intro isn't as strong as the tambourine intro IMO. also in the organ one, as the other instruments enter, the organ is more prominent, which i do like.

but yes, the released lead vocal is by far the superior one

lucky2012
10-15-2020, 02:00 PM
The original string/violin intro first heard on the radio and single is still my favorite. It's quite distinctive. Janet Jackson apparently thought so, too, as she memorably sampled it on one of her songs [[I forget which).

sup_fan
10-15-2020, 03:44 PM
The original string/violin intro first heard on the radio and single is still my favorite. It's quite distinctive. Janet Jackson apparently thought so, too, as she memorably sampled it on one of her songs [[I forget which).

she sampled it in If. there's another song on that album of hers that samples Love Child

TYK1986
10-15-2020, 03:45 PM
Was it "If"? Don't really like the song but like how they added that bit and when listening I always expect it to continue into someday lol.