PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Did "The Way We Were?"

test

daviddesper
10-12-2020, 04:40 PM
All of us on here certainly know Barbra's version as well as Gladys', but today on a local radio station I heard a very different version and I am hoping one of you guys will be able to help identify it and maybe even provide a link to it. All I can give you to go on is that it had both male and female vocals, it was very electric sounding or synthesized. At the time I thought something like The Human League. Based on the station I was listening to, no idea at all what era it came from. Any ideas? I am sure I will recognize it if I hear it again.

PeaceNHarmony
10-12-2020, 06:50 PM
I'm quite sure that I am the only human being, living or dead, who did not record TWWW.

Jerry Oz
10-12-2020, 11:09 PM
Gerald Alston made my favorite version of it with the Manhattans on their Love Talk LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96iwPGM3hhk

daviddesper
10-13-2020, 12:05 AM
I don't think either of these are the version I heard, but if there really are that many out there, then we may never know what I heard!

Bluebrock
10-13-2020, 02:13 AM
I'm quite sure that I am the only human being, living or dead, who did not record TWWW.
You may well be right. I recorded it twice. First time on my debut solo album, and then again as a dance anthem on my collaboration with Calvin Harris. It also appeared on my live at Sydney Opera House album. You need to get into the studio asap!!!!

PeaceNHarmony
10-13-2020, 05:52 AM
You may well be right. I recorded it twice. First time on my debut solo album, and then again as a dance anthem on my collaboration with Calvin Harris. It also appeared on my live at Sydney Opera House album. You need to get into the studio asap!!!!You will recall a scant few years ago how Barbra BEGGED me to record with her on her duets LP. I couldn't bear to overshadow her version and demurred. :p

Bluebrock
10-13-2020, 08:04 AM
You will recall a scant few years ago how Barbra BEGGED me to record with her on her duets LP. I couldn't bear to overshadow her version and demurred. :p

Ha ha. She told me all about this last year at her Hyde Park gig. She remains pissed at you, but her anger is abaiting as time passes by!

khansperac
10-13-2020, 10:02 AM
Since it’s a local radio station, maybe you can call or email them/ the DJ. Perhaps they can pull up the playlist and give you the info.

daviddesper
10-13-2020, 12:52 PM
I tried that with this exact station one other time. In fact I called within 10 minutes after hearing a song that I was curious about. I got a voice mail greeting, left a message explaining exactly why I was calling, and never heard anything back. So I decided it was not even worth a try this time, especially since I figured out the song title at least. It is no big deal if no one on here can come up with it.

lockhartgary
10-13-2020, 02:15 PM

You can probably say the same about "For Once In My Life".

jack020
10-14-2020, 03:10 AM
https://secondhandsongs.com/performance/7249
List of performers who did it

carlo
10-14-2020, 12:58 PM
David, a lot of radio stations tend to post their daily playlist log on their website. Perhaps try checking their website?

daviddesper
10-14-2020, 06:00 PM
https://secondhandsongs.com/performance/7249
List of performers who did it

Holy Sh**! Now I understand the point that Peace n Harmony made at the beginning. So I now officially give up on this quest and will admit when I have been beaten!!!