PDA

View Full Version : Peabo bryson and a night of soul in memphis

test

Kamasu_Jr
04-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Peabo Bryson and a cast of soul music legends including the new stylistics featuring Russell Thompkins Jr., Candi Staton, Dee Dee Sharp, Billy Paul, Dennis Edwards & the Temptations Review, Jerry Butler, Maxine Brown, Percy Sledge, the Emotions & others will take place at 7 p.m. , April 15th at the Peabody Hotel. The show billed as Bryson's 60th birthday celebration also benefits the Med foundation. Tickets range from $300 to $500.00

ceasar
04-11-2011, 06:55 AM
We will be in MEMPHIS, but no one mentioned this occasion to us.
I think we are all there for the same purpose. [[ recording)I will fill you in upon my return.
CEASAR

randy_russi
04-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Dee Dee Sharp is on her way today. She also mentioned Dorothy Moore [["Misty Blue") and Eddie Floyd and Freda Payne as
part of the line-up.

Kamasu_Jr
04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
It's not everyday that Memphis gets this many soul music legends in town at one time. There has been very little media coverage and there are not that many oldies radio stations that would have many of the acts on as guests. I don't think anyone at WDIA will have any of the legends on, but I'm not sure of that. There are a few local news programs that some of them could guest on like Fox 13 and Channel 3's Live show after the morning news programs. We've invited many of them to the Stax and American Soul Museum. These legends deserve better.

randy_russi
04-14-2011, 03:36 PM
I know David Guest is sponsoring or presenting, but it must be a big fund-raising event, especially with the prices you've
given above. According to Dee Dee, each act will only do one or two songs.

Kamasu_Jr
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
I know David Guest is sponsoring or presenting, but it must be a big fund-raising event, especially with the prices you've
given above. According to Dee Dee, each act will only do one or two songs.

It is being billed as a birthday concert for Peabo BRYSON AND A FUND RAISER FOR THE Med Foundation [[the city or county hospital ). David Gest has done some shows in Memphis before, but ticket prices were not as high. I think there's some hesitation that Gest will pull this off.

randy_russi
04-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Dee Dee did mention the birthday bash for Bryson, but the ticket prices you quoted above are outrageous. I hope things
do go well.

Kamasu_Jr
04-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Dee Dee did mention the birthday bash for Bryson, but the ticket prices you quoted above are outrageous. I hope things
do go well.

I wonder how this event turned out as well. Caesar & the Tymes were scheduled to perform. Maybe he will let us know how things went.

ttfp
04-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Actually it went very well! It was held at the Peabody Hotel, and It was completely sold out!.....A great night was had by all!!!!