PDA

View Full Version : Four Tops - 'Ask The Lonely' - Hitsville Sound Studios Acetate

test

bradburger
09-16-2020, 04:36 AM
Posted up by John Manship, and alternate mix to the released version, this one also mixed by Lawrence Horn : -

https://youtu.be/c0evIxXJEgM?list=PLaehc76aUyWNNdCw-nDTJr0ogOAx-NqSZ

Cheers

Paul

paul_nixon
09-16-2020, 05:58 AM
Posted up by John Manship, and alternate mix to the released version, this one also mixed by Lawrence Horn : -

https://youtu.be/c0evIxXJEgM?list=PLaehc76aUyWNNdCw-nDTJr0ogOAx-NqSZ

Cheers

Paul

One of over a dozen mixes done on this one track alone

bradburger
09-16-2020, 06:34 AM
One of over a dozen mixes done on this one track alone

Yep, as would be expected!

It doesn't sound too different from the 45 mix.

Cheers

Paul

drlorne
09-17-2020, 10:04 AM
The Andantes are really prominent in this song. Does anyone know what grouping of the female singers were part of this song. I know in the earlier days, there were different female members before they settled on the Andantes that we know.

robb_k
09-24-2020, 02:21 PM
The Andantes are really prominent in this song. Does anyone know what grouping of the female singers were part of this song. I know in the earlier days, there were different female members before they settled on the Andantes that we know.
Probably the major [[if not only) reason The Andantes' voices are so prominent is that from The Tops, only Levi is singing. The others aren't on this mix.

Soulmusic4life
09-24-2020, 05:40 PM
Probably the major [[if not only) reason The Andantes' voices are so prominent is that from The Tops, only Levi is singing. The others aren't on this mix.
Sounds distorted. But doesn't sound any different other than that. I still hear the tops in the background.

paul_nixon
09-25-2020, 04:12 AM
Sounds distorted. But doesn't sound any different other than that. I still hear the tops in the background.

Yes the other Tops are there but pushed right back - the Andantes almost share lead with Levi on this mix

robb_k
09-28-2020, 01:48 AM
Yes the other Tops are there but pushed right back - the Andantes almost share lead with Levi on this mix
Exactly THIS! I'm so deaf, I didn't even hear them on first listen. I had to listen again seeking their voices to hear them faintly, while The Andantes are reasonably prominent. just behind Levi.