PDA

View Full Version : At the begining..... the FLOS

test

lakeside
09-11-2020, 12:39 PM
https://www.scherrieandsusayeformersupremes.com/blog-news--events

BobbyC
09-11-2020, 12:44 PM
I wonder why Cindy left so quickly. If nothing else it would have been steady income.

marybrewster
09-11-2020, 01:45 PM
The picture of Cindy, Scherrie, and Jean is simply a composite of them standing with The Originals.

I'd like to know why the performance was cancelled.

marybrewster
09-11-2020, 02:21 PM
And if you read the bio, theres a few liberties.

Mary was originally approached to reform the Supremes in 1982. Talked to Mr. Gordy and the decision was made not to go forward.

Then in '86, Scherrie originally asked Mary before Cindy and Jean. Mary declined.

What's interesting to me is that Mary and Motown would ever reconsider reforming the group, especially after Mary's lawsuits just a few years prior, and the label subsequently dropping her.

BobbyC
09-11-2020, 02:29 PM
Marybrewster--I think Mary would have taken anything at that point if it was an opportunity to make big money again. It must be pretty horrible having been wealthy and mega famous and then have basically nothing. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. My grandmother told me, when I was just a kid, that she would never want to be famous because there is nowhere to go from there but down.

jobeterob
09-11-2020, 03:52 PM
Especially if you don’t save

TYK1986
09-11-2020, 04:19 PM
Didn't Scherrie ask Mary and Cindy first in 1986? Then Mary declined and Cindy brought Jean along. I'm not sure if Jean and Scherrie ever had anything to do with each other prior to FLOS. I still say that Cindy made a big mistake by leaving this early formation of the FLOS [[my opinion). Her solo career didn't last very long but the FLOS are still performing.

supremesouluk2
09-16-2020, 07:44 AM
I wonder if any former Supremes were invited to join when Jean left in late 92/ early 93?

marybrewster
09-18-2020, 08:54 AM
I wonder if any former Supremes were invited to join when Jean left in late 92/ early 93?

Good question.

Cindy would have been a good choice; she was still healthy and active.

I think Susaye might have been living in the UK in the early 90's, so she may not have been an option.