PDA

View Full Version : The Temptations quartet?s

test

masterblaster
09-04-2020, 06:04 PM
I have just watched the Kings Of Soul on BBC4 which featured the The Temptations singing 'I Can't Get Next To You' from their 1970 apperance on Top Of The Pops in the UK. The performance only featured four members of the group, for some reason, Eddie Kendricks was not present. Presumably, the session was recorded during their UK tour of that year which also included their performance at The 'Talk Of The Town' where all five members were present.
Does anyone know why Eddie was absent from the groups appearance on TV but was able to make the Talk Of The Town engagement.

Roger Polhill
09-04-2020, 09:10 PM
Masterblaster the Temptations were a quartet for the same song on Music Scene" in October 1969. Missing was Paul Williams.

midnightman
09-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Could be related to when Eddie's wife mentioned him running over that squirrel with his car and how upset he was...

jboy88
09-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Could be related to when Eddie's wife mentioned him running over that squirrel with his car and how upset he was...
Yeah, but that happened in Detroit and IIRC when David was still with them. I’m sure it was his beef with Otis that caused him to miss the TOTP appearance.

blackguy69
09-07-2020, 11:28 AM
If I’m correct Eddie was sick with the flu

I have just watched the Kings Of Soul on BBC4 which featured the The Temptations singing 'I Can't Get Next To You' from their 1970 apperance on Top Of The Pops in the UK. The performance only featured four members of the group, for some reason, Eddie Kendricks was not present. Presumably, the session was recorded during their UK tour of that year which also included their performance at The 'Talk Of The Town' where all five members were present.
Does anyone know why Eddie was absent from the groups appearance on TV but was able to make the Talk Of The Town engagement.

soulwally
09-07-2020, 04:03 PM
I remember this and there was no falling out. Eddie was either sick or work permit problems can’t recall which