PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Springfield sings Motown

test

robbert
04-05-2011, 02:02 PM
John [[Humboldt) and his friends Alan, Paul & Graham have been working hard to clean up the live tracks of Dusty singing Motown. In memory of Dusty, they today [[March 2, 2011) release MOTOWN MEMORIES LIVE, exclusively for Let's Talk Dusty!

Read more details on:
http://www.dustyspringfield.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2187

alanh
04-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks Robbert

I've ordered mine. This thread deserves a Bump up to the top again!

Alan

theboyfromxtown
04-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Robbert.

Presumably it's only available for members of "Let's Talk Dusty". It doesn't have all her Motown live recordings but nevertheless, it's for a very good cause.

My eyesight can't cope with the artwork except for that picture of Fraser and Pat. I guess that's a problem of getting old.

copley
04-08-2011, 05:04 AM
John. It has all her known unreleased live Motown performances expept 'Upside Down' which was intentionally omitted. It also includes an exclusive mix of 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough'. All proceeds go to the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital.

alanh
04-08-2011, 11:32 AM
John - good point about the CD only being available to members of "Let's Talk Dusty". I ordered simply out of enthusiasm for every aspect of the release. I'm not a member, so I'll have to wait and see if my order gets rejected! If the idea is to raise funds for the worthy work at Royal Marsden, I would have thought they'd like to sell as many copies as possible.

copley
04-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Anyone can buy it either via Let's Talk Dusty or Motown Treasures. It's a fan made tribute for charity so it won't be sold on eBay, Amazon Marketplace or the like.

alanh
04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks Copley, that's good news.

danman869
04-08-2011, 03:13 PM
At some point, they edited their post to include the following: "Editing to add that the CD is available for both members and non-members of Let's Talk Dusty." Good to hear! I'll be getting this--it's win-win; we get music, the hospital gets money!