PDA

View Full Version : Former President Obama's 2020 Summer Playlist

test

woodward
08-19-2020, 11:37 AM
I just saw this on another posted link. Former President Obama displayed his 2020 Summer Playlist.

He listed 53 songs. ONLY ONE MOTOWN SONG, Do I Do by Stevie Wonder.

I simply cannot believe this is the only one he has listed.

Sorry I could not copy and paste the list. Unable to do it.

daviddesper
08-19-2020, 01:04 PM
Without seeing the list my guess is that he has tastes more toward the jazz arena. Maybe a lot of Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, that kind of thing. Am I close?

sansradio
08-19-2020, 01:36 PM
Without seeing the list my guess is that he has tastes more toward the jazz arena. Maybe a lot of Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, that kind of thing. Am I close?

Hip-hop/R&B/jazz/pop with a splash of Dylan and Marley:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9435742/barack-obama-2020-summer-playlist

tmd
08-20-2020, 08:41 AM
I remember the first one he put out and there was no Motown love, very disappointing. I just watched a u- Tube video and his wife was the one who was there at the white house to introduce Smokey and Mr. Gordy.

khansperac
08-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Do people really think he is picking these songs? Lol.

SatansBlues
08-20-2020, 03:10 PM
Yeah, actually I do think he curates the list himself.

splanky
08-22-2020, 10:23 AM

Yea, sure I believe Barack compiles these lists himself but I have to say they are not
void of some political pointing either. It is from his perspective, experiences and his
ideas about both the country today and the future. So I can't fault him. Still, I do know
he has diverse taste in music and I remember seeing him on Afropop music websites
before he became president...

daviddesper
08-22-2020, 11:40 AM
During his appearances each year at the Kennedy Center Honors, you could tell that he was genuinely in tune with a variety of music styles, whereas some other presidents at that event seemed out of touch.