PDA

View Full Version : Miss Ross will be on Oprah's Master Class

test

supreme_lady
04-05-2011, 04:56 AM
Not to sound ignorant, but what exactly is Oprah's MASTER CLASS???? never heard of it before.

I just saw this on Oprah's twitter page:

Oprah Oprah Winfrey
There will be more Master Classes with Bono, Jane Fonda, Bruce Springsteen,
Chris Rock, Diana Ross and Barbara Walters #OprahLiveTweet

reese
04-05-2011, 07:24 AM
It's a show on Oprah's network in which notable public figures share their life journeys. Among those who have already appeared are Jay Z, Maya Angelou, Simon Cowell, and Oprah herself.

skooldem1
04-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Its a show where they feature people that are masters in their fields. Like mentioned, its their life journey and it discusses what it takes to be successful. No studio audience, no interviewer [[at least the shows that I've seen).

supreme_lady
04-05-2011, 08:15 AM
It's a show on Oprah's network in which notable public figures share their life journeys. Among those who have already appeared are Jay Z, Maya Angelou, Simon Cowell, and Oprah herself.

Thanks for the explaination:D, sounds great, I wonder when the Diana episode will be broadcast????

carlo
04-05-2011, 10:54 AM
I must order Oprah's new channel, NOW!!! Hahaha.

marybrewster
01-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Any news on Diana's appearance?

skooldem1
01-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't think this show was received well. Does she even do Master classes anymore?

carlo
01-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Yes, the Masterclass series is still airing and I hear that it is quite popular. I believe Goldie Hawn will be featured on the next show.

marybrewster
01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Not sure; it looks as though the next one is this weekend with Goldie Hawn.

I wonder how the O Netork is really doing? It doesn't seem to be making the big splash that everyone anticipated?

Still, I'd love to see Diana with Oprah.

jobeterob
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks for posting this.

I've never followed Oprah because I was always working when her show aired. While she has nothing to prove and her place in history is secure, I've read that her new network hasn't been a great success.

These shows will be interesting if you are fans of the people being spotlighted. I notice many of them seem to be friendly with each other.

luke
01-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Oprah's network is in big trouble. She's gone through about 5 programming chiefs and Discovery has poured tons of money into it. If Rosie's show aint a hit the OPrah channel may be gone. Always interesting to hear what Miss Ross has to say and if ever there was someone who feels masterful it's Diana. It seems that Oprah now also calls her Miss Ross or doesnt use a name at least from what Ive seen on tv--kind of revolting though.

Roberta75
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
"if ever there was someone who feels masterful it's Diana. It seems that Oprah now also calls her Miss Ross or doesnt use a name at least from what Ive seen on tv--kind of revolting though."

You just can't help yourself can you?

simplysupreme
01-13-2012, 02:18 PM
"if ever there was someone who feels masterful it's Diana. It seems that Oprah now also calls her Miss Ross or doesnt use a name at least from what Ive seen on tv--kind of revolting though."

You just can't help yourself can you?

So true, Roberta. Where's that pic of the broken record Carlo posted awhile back?

jobeterob
01-13-2012, 03:17 PM
LOL, I gotta love this.

I wondered if I should throw in a picture of myself or smirk for a few seconds.

I get the impression that for these few Diana Ross haters, times have been really tough: Mary kicks their ass, Diana tours endlessly to sold out crowds and great reviews, Hip O releases round after round of her albums in extended form [[thanks Andy, George, John, Harry and the others), she gets the lifetime achievement Grammy, Oprah loves her etc.

My only real concern is that none of that be taken as a negative to Mary or the other Supremes. And it is odd: only the haters take it that way too.

smark21
01-13-2012, 11:12 PM
The Oprah Network is not doing very well. It's on the higher channel ranges of most cable systems. Also, I was under the impression that Oprah's Master Class is not a new interview program, but a clip show in which people whom she interviewed offer some useful self help advice. Oprah's channel, quite frankly, sounds very sanctimonious and boring. Here's an article from October 2011 analyzing its programming.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/own-oprah-winfrey-network,63933/

marv2
01-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Oprah's network is in big trouble. She's gone through about 5 programming chiefs and Discovery has poured tons of money into it. If Rosie's show aint a hit the OPrah channel may be gone. Always interesting to hear what Miss Ross has to say and if ever there was someone who feels masterful it's Diana. It seems that Oprah now also calls her Miss Ross or doesnt use a name at least from what Ive seen on tv--kind of revolting though.

It's pretty disgusting on all counts. Sadder than the day is long too.

Sugarchilehoneybaby
01-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Oprah lost relevance to me when she became obsessed in idle celebrity worship sometime in the late 90s. It was like a false religion - "Church of Oprah" for middle class white women.

jobeterob
01-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Oprah is like Endless Love, Baby Love, Diana Ross, Barbara Walters, Barbra Streisand, Jay Z & Beyonce...........overly popular, iconic, always with us, part of the American fabric, but for real music fans, overkill stepped in quite a while ago.

marv2
01-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Oprah is like Endless Love, Baby Love, Diana Ross, Barbara Walters, Barbra Streisand, Jay Z & Beyonce...........overly popular, iconic, always with us, part of the American fabric, but for real music fans, overkill stepped in quite a while ago.

The popularity of all you have mentioned is waning here in America. For some of them are held in outright contempt by the public. Soooooo........... LOL!