PDA

View Full Version : The great paul williams!

test

arr&bee
08-17-2020, 12:38 PM
Gang,as i sit grooving to some early temps i'm always amazed at the great leads of paul,from his early leads-your wonderful love-tearstained letter-slow down heart-i want a love i can see,to his later work-don't look back-who you gonna run to-the incredible[just another lonely night]or the knockout groove[no more water in the well]paul had that soulfulness that few before or since have,and for those temptaholics who have seen him live...what a rush,just a shoutout to the man who put the[temptin]in temptations-paul williams forever!!

lockhartgary
08-17-2020, 03:16 PM
Paul was the kind of singer who, no matter what was given to him, gave you a performance that sounded like he thought it would be his ONLY performance and he wanted to make it count. You felt what he sang about, and that, to me, is what makes him so special.

I would add to your song list "Forever in My Heart." Oh how love this unreleased gem!

Luciano
08-17-2020, 05:02 PM
Paul was the kind of singer who, no matter what was given to him, gave you a performance that sounded like he thought it would be his ONLY performance and he wanted to make it count. You felt what he sang about, and that, to me, is what makes him so special.

I would add to your song list "Forever in My Heart." Oh how love this unreleased gem!

Right! I totally agree with this. Even when he did pop songs like "For Once In My Life" and "I've Gotta Be Me"

One of my all time favorite singers. The Temptations had some awesome singers through the years!

Circa 1824
08-17-2020, 05:19 PM
I love the duet with Diana Ross from TCB ... The Impossible Dream. It was brilliant.