PDA

View Full Version : Motown Original 2 Albums on 1 CD Series

test

mysterysinger
08-15-2020, 02:30 PM
Two on the one for fun

booty
08-16-2020, 06:47 AM
What is the first item? Was that a promo release or just a advert. Do you have a larger shot of that?

mysterysinger
08-16-2020, 11:19 AM
The first item was designed by me to fill in a gap in the 8x8 matrix and provide a title frame. So nothing official I'm afraid.

The final item was official though and supplied inside the European versions - it was actually a small catalogue of releases - very handy.

marybrewster
08-16-2020, 12:37 PM
Didn't seem like a lot of rhyme or reason for putting these two titles together, other than for timing purposes.

Isn't the Supremes LIVERPOOL paired with TCB? Makes no sense.

TALK OF THE TOWN should have been paired with TCB, or maybe TCB with GIT?

Would have been nice to see SAM COOKE with either CWP or LIVERPOOL.

mysterysinger
08-16-2020, 03:13 PM
The 59th release was purported to have been The Supremes Sam Cooke paired with Copa but was withdrawn and never issued. So instead of 63 CDs there were only 62.

lockhartgary
08-16-2020, 03:44 PM
I had some of these 2fers when they were originally released. I liked getting 2 albums on 1 cd. The only thing I didn't like was that some of the tracks were edited, presumably for time. One of my favorite J5 tracks is "Nobody", but the 2fer had a heavily edited version. IIRC, "Runaway Child, Running Wild" from "Cloud Nine" had the 45 version and not the LP version.

mysterysinger
08-17-2020, 08:57 AM
Several tracks seem to have been edited to fit. The one that always springs to my mind is "You Don't Love Me No More" by GK&Pips on "Everybody Needs Love" bit of s dogs dinner that one.

By contrast, the Compact Command Performances CDs seemed to favour the longest cuts [[eg "Still" by Commodores).

reese
08-17-2020, 12:00 PM
Several tracks seem to have been edited to fit. The one that always springs to my mind is "You Don't Love Me No More" by GK&Pips on "Everybody Needs Love" bit of s dogs dinner that one.

By contrast, the Compact Command Performances CDs seemed to favour the longest cuts [[eg "Still" by Commodores).

Quite a few songs on the EVERYBODY NEEDS LOVE / IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN 2 on 1 cd. Most were on the first album but I recall ONE STEP AWAY from the second album was edited as well.

A BIT OF LIVERPOOL / TCB was edited as well. I don't think any of the LIVERPOOL tracks were cut but basically the second half was cut from the title song from TCB, in addition to some small monologue/applause cuts.