PDA

View Full Version : Potential Hit Singles from Hitsville USA - 1965

test

woodward
07-14-2020, 09:06 AM
Another excellent article. I truly enjoyed some of the pictures in this story, especially the rare unseen photo to me of Tammi Terrell.

https://djlarsupreme.com/2015/10/05/in-an-alternate-universe-potential-hit-singles-from-hitsville-from-the-fall-of-1965-the-ladies/

Motown Eddie
07-14-2020, 01:26 PM
Terrific article; thanks for sharing Woodward! Part of the Glory of Motown's peak years in the '60s is that there were so many great songs that did not come out at that time.

SatansBlues
07-14-2020, 03:13 PM
Terrific article; thanks for sharing Woodward! Part of the Glory of Motown's peak years in the '60s is that there were so many great songs that did not come out at that time.
As I've said before, someone could have started a whole new record company with the number and quality of songs that went unreleased by Motown in the 60s..I would imagine that the 70s vault is filled with killer material as well.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
07-14-2020, 07:14 PM
I could easily become a hermit purely because of this blog. So many great things to read and ponder.

One of the tunes that struck me was the Velvelettes "Let Love Live A Little Bit Longer" We could forever question why something this strong was passed over but for me, it's the "hit" now it deserves to be and djlarsupreme is a hero for bringing that song and group to the fore.

bob_olhsson
07-21-2020, 08:42 PM
Why was simply because there were more great songs than the company could afford to release.

daviddesper
07-21-2020, 11:36 PM
Am I the only one who could not listen to the two songs by Martha and the Marvelettes? I got messages saying the video had not been uploaded for those two songs.

Motown Eddie
07-22-2020, 06:19 AM
Am I the only one who could not listen to the two songs by Martha and the Marvelettes? I got messages saying the video had not been uploaded for those two songs.

The same thing happened to me with those two songs. UMe/Motown needs to get the material up & running on YouTube.