PDA

View Full Version : The 5 most iconic Motown Musicians

test

milven
07-13-2020, 03:54 PM

Motown Records is one of the world’s most influential labels and helped to launch the careers of many of the world’s biggest artists – let us explore some of the very best.
Motown Records, launched in Detroit in 1959 and named after the city of the motor, has a long and storied history. As an African-American owned label hiring black artists they achieved huge crossover success which brought a whole range of amazing black artists to the forefront of popular music.

Their cultural significance can not be overstated, but as socially powerful as their movement was they are also that a bunch of the world’s most iconic artists are known to us.

In celebration of this incredible label we wanted to take a look at 5 of Motown’s most significant, most talented, and wonderfully brilliant artists.

http://routenote.com/blog/the-5-most-iconic-motown-musicians/

Sotosound
07-13-2020, 04:13 PM

Motown Records is one of the world’s most influential labels and helped to launch the careers of many of the world’s biggest artists – let us explore some of the very best.
Motown Records, launched in Detroit in 1959 and named after the city of the motor, has a long and storied history. As an African-American owned label hiring black artists they achieved huge crossover success which brought a whole range of amazing black artists to the forefront of popular music.

Their cultural significance can not be overstated, but as socially powerful as their movement was they are also that a bunch of the world’s most iconic artists are known to us.

In celebration of this incredible label we wanted to take a look at 5 of Motown’s most significant, most talented, and wonderfully brilliant artists.

http://routenote.com/blog/the-5-most-iconic-motown-musicians/

Yawn. Where's Stevie, HDH etc.?

arr&bee
07-13-2020, 04:29 PM
All of em were-iconic!!

mysterysinger
07-13-2020, 04:57 PM
"The Marvalettes" ?? How ignorant and disrespectful.

edafan
07-13-2020, 06:33 PM
"The Marvalettes" ?? How ignorant and disrespectful.

So the editor Flunked spelling

edafan
07-13-2020, 06:34 PM
also

I thought they
would list James Jamerson

midnightman
07-14-2020, 12:04 AM
Motown was more than five icons, they're tripping.

"Marvalettes"? Really?

jobeterob
07-14-2020, 01:15 AM
It’s a blog and it sounds like it’s translated and English might not have been their first language

It’s the internet - everyone has an opinion and can say anything so it’s no surprise

Sotosound
07-14-2020, 04:05 AM
I'd say that it was written by someone who doesn't really know Motown. This, however, is unsurprising since most experts have retired.

Motown Eddie
07-14-2020, 06:43 AM
Only A Top Five!? That's too low of a number for the ranks of Motown Records.

Ngroove
07-14-2020, 11:26 AM
No disrespects, but my first thought when seeing the title "Top 5 Most Iconic Motown Musicians", was James Jamerson, Benny Benjamin, and Earl Van Dyke.

marv2
07-14-2020, 01:28 PM
This is a bogus list, a bad list

edafan
07-15-2020, 10:06 AM
No disrespects, but my first thought when seeing the title "Top 5 Most Iconic Motown Musicians", was James Jamerson, Benny Benjamin, and Earl Van Dyke.

I agree edafan