PDA

View Full Version : Jean Terrell - Through The Eyes of a Supreme

test

motown01
04-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I can't seem to find this DVD anywhere - is it still available? Is this just an interview with Jean?

marv2
04-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I am not sure that it is. The Santel Group that issued it is no longer active and has removed it's web site. It is a "video biography" by Jean Terrell featuring members of her family and friends. It is not simply an interview as there is no one on or off camera asking the questions. It takes the viewer from Jean's childhood growing up in Chicago up to roughly 2005 and her working on a Jazz CD. I enjoyed it. They included some rare footage from the Terrell's home videos.

blueskies
04-02-2011, 03:25 PM
I have to be honest..... I thought it was just so-so. I thought the fish tank in back of Jean was more interesting to watch. I was truly disappointed and I'm a huge Jean Terrell fan. I really didn't learn much new from it. The best part were clips from some of Jeans solo live performances. Wonder whatever happened to that jazz CD Jean was working on? I'll get the DVD out again [[I only watched it once) and re-watch it. Maybe I'll appreciate it more this time.

marv2
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I have to be honest..... I thought it was just so-so. I thought the fish tank in back of Jean was more interesting to watch. I was truly disappointed and I'm a huge Jean Terrell fan. I really didn't learn much new from it. The best part were clips from some of Jeans solo live performances. Wonder whatever happened to that jazz CD Jean was working on? I'll get the DVD out again [[I only watched it once) and re-watch it. Maybe I'll appreciate it more this time.

I learned something new! I learned that Jean's version of why she was no longer in the Supremes was different from everyone one else's. LOL!!!

blueskies
04-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I learned something new! I learned that Jean's version of why she was no longer in the Supremes was different from everyone one else's. LOL!!!

Yes.........now......wasn't that a shocker, Marv!:)

theboyfromxtown
04-02-2011, 05:17 PM
I feel real guilty. I haven't even taken off the plastic wrapping yet? I've had it for a few years now...

carlo
04-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes, the DVD is still available. I got in touch with Saundra last week [[Jean's manager) because I too was interested in ordering a copy. I haven't heard great reviews concerning this DVD, but it is still something I would like to have. Plus, I would like to support Jean. Here is Saundra's e-mail address:

saundra@santelgroup.com

She will get in touch with you and send you an order form. Hope this helps.

johnjeb
04-02-2011, 06:25 PM
carlo, thanks for the email address. I've been wanting to get this for years, both out of curiosity and in support of Jean Terrell. Now might be the right time since I am itching to buy all the new Motown CDs in release and soon-to-be released.

carlo
04-02-2011, 06:36 PM
No problem! Glad to help.

Koach
04-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I'd love to have this. I'll see if my record store can order this for me. I'm a big fan of Jean.

johnjeb
04-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I always look for this DVD every time I go into a music store that sells new and used music DVDs. Never any luck of course.

blueskies
04-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Even though I only rated it as so-so....I still would recommend it for a Supremes/Terrell fan. There's NO Supremes music or videos on this....so don't expect to see that [[I think I did and that's why I was disappointed). I'm still glad I have it in my Supremes collection. Buy and enjoy!

luke
04-02-2011, 07:57 PM
LOL fishtank more interesting! What was Jeans version as to why she left?

marv2
04-02-2011, 08:45 PM
LOL fishtank more interesting! What was Jeans version as to why she left?

She basically said that she went home one day to like do her nails......the next thing she looked up and Mary Wilson had hired two new girls to be the Supremes! Then she rolls her eyes....... LOL!

blueskies
04-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Honestly, her live concert clips were worth the price of the CD....ahh....that voice! And Marv really summed it up regarding why Jean was no longer in The Supremes.

MotownSteve
04-02-2011, 11:25 PM
The DVD is available through http://santelgroup.com/Merchandise.htm

luke
04-03-2011, 09:59 AM
I guess that'll teach her to do her nails!!lol

marybrewster
02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Carlo; did you ever find out anything on this DVD? Were you able to obtain a copy?

jaybs
02-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Being a Jean Terrell fanatic it was so good to get this DVD when first released, just wish she could have had much more success with her solo career, she had the talent and deserved it!

franjoy56
02-15-2012, 01:03 AM
her version of why she left was really glossed over, she said that we were all wanting or at leasts Jean was wanting a baby, and before that they went to Motown and asked them to please help them get better records, but privately had considered going to another label, but Mary changed her mind in mid stream, the next thing she looked up and Berry said to her what happened as if he didn't know.

carlo
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Carlo; did you ever find out anything on this DVD? Were you able to obtain a copy?

At one point, I was planning to buy it, but I decided against it...since I kept hearing she doesn't really talk about anything new. I may buy it sometime. Hmmmm...

stephanie
02-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I like Jean Terrell but I want a real fishtank! It seems to me Jean is private and doesnt want to go back to the old days but getting her to talk would be interesting, she never really reveals and that is her choice.

marv2
02-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I like Jean Terrell but I want a real fishtank! It seems to me Jean is private and doesnt want to go back to the old days but getting her to talk would be interesting, she never really reveals and that is her choice.

The only way you're going to get Jean to talk is in court and there is money at stake! LOL!

luke
02-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Speaking of Jean in court-what were the results of her lawsuit versus Motown? I believe she joined the Vandellas and they all sued.

marv2
02-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Speaking of Jean in court-what were the results of her lawsuit versus Motown? I believe she joined the Vandellas and they all sued.

As far as I know, Jeans case from around 1994 was settled with Motown. I thought her case was seperate, but I could be wrong.

ivyfield
02-24-2012, 06:00 AM
Have to say that I felt exactly the same as blueskies. I was very disappointed. Whoever did the interview [[someone MUST have asked her questions for her to answer, right?) didn't do a very good job. Considering Jean was in 'officially' for three and a bit years - then with the FLOS years too, there was room for much more scope. A great opportunity wasted.