PDA

View Full Version : Natalie cole live in concert 1981

test

glencro
07-06-2020, 06:25 AM
Who remember those Budweiser Superfest Concerts that they would play on the radio on Sunday nights. This is a good one from Ms Natalie Cole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=BNjL7QpDQr8&feature=emb_title

reese
07-06-2020, 10:57 AM
This is a good one. Many years ago, someone was selling radio cds from the Westwood One Series. I was able to pick up this show of Natalie's, as well as shows of Aretha, Gladys and the Pips, Patti, and Tina Turner.

midnightman
07-06-2020, 10:44 PM
This was during her freebasing period. For her to be struggling with a sick addiction, she rocked the house that night.

glencro
07-07-2020, 02:56 PM
This is a good one. Many years ago, someone was selling radio cds from the Westwood One Series. I was able to pick up this show of Natalie's, as well as shows of Aretha, Gladys and the Pips, Patti, and Tina Turner.

Wow I wish I knew about that one. I have an album of Rick James/Sister Sledge in concert and I've been searching high and love for the Frankie Beverly & Maze/Sister Sledge show from 1981 or 82.

glencro
07-07-2020, 02:58 PM
This was during her freebasing period. For her to be struggling with a sick addiction, she rocked the house that night.

I was thinking the same thing

reese
07-07-2020, 03:09 PM
Wow I wish I knew about that one. I have an album of Rick James/Sister Sledge in concert and I've been searching high and love for the Frankie Beverly & Maze/Sister Sledge show from 1981 or 82.

I think someone was running an ad in Goldmine.

You might try eBay. There are probably some dealers still selling the actual vinyl that they used to send to radio stations for these concerts before they started sending cds.

marv2
07-07-2020, 04:08 PM
Who remember those Budweiser Superfest Concerts that they would play on the radio on Sunday nights. This is a good one from Ms Natalie Cole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=BNjL7QpDQr8&feature=emb_title

I remember them very well. I was in college and use to listen to them at night at my little jobs back then.

midnightman
07-07-2020, 06:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing

I wonder why this was never filmed. I would love to see footage!