PDA

View Full Version : Jean, Scherrie & Lynda - Former Ladies of The Supremes [[reunion) 1996

test

CoolKatz
07-03-2020, 05:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVoKcILPTHg

marv2
07-03-2020, 05:30 PM
....and then poof! Jean just disappeared! LOL!

gman
07-04-2020, 04:22 AM
I can of course be misinformed, but I once heard this was a one off performance to raise money for legal fees after being named in Mary Wilson's lawsuit against Motown's allowing use of the name. The original trio of FLOS Jean Scherrie and Lynda were the only trio permitted to use the name simply billed as "The Supremes" in the UK, Jean returned only to do her part in this performance. I believe Freddi Poole was performing with Scherrie and Lynda at the time, and once Jean left the billing had to include the "Formerly of" tag...It was a long time ago, and I am pretty sure other forum members will pop in with more factual information.

jim aka jtigre99
07-04-2020, 09:21 AM
I have heard some rumors about this appearance. I had heard that Jean refused to come out for Walking because she did not sing on it and there was a disagreement between her and Lynda. I don't know how true this is, though. Strange how the UK justice system is compared to the US. I believe now you have to have an original member. All in all, a moot point. Nowadays, they tour under such an outrageous moniker Scherrie and Susaye, formerly of the Supremes featuring Joyce Vincent. That billing alone :rolleyes:. Still, just like Mary's background singers are all so talented-there have been such quality singers in the FLOs-replacements Sundray and Joyce both have ties to the Supremes as Sundray was considered to replace Cindy when they decided on Lynda as her replacement. Joyce would have been in the group had they gone on when Mary left[[cannot say replaced). Only Freddi had no ties like that and still she was quite good and is in the Three Degrees now.