PDA

View Full Version : Orignal Teenager Jimmy Merchant

test

satipe
04-01-2011, 08:09 PM
My kids now have the chance to talk to him so I am THRILLED!

Jimmy sent some autographed photos but as well talked about that it was the best time of his life but he never got paid. I always tell "my kids' aka my students to listen but Jimmy's story is unbelievable and they are angry about how Jimmy was treated. It's a long story but a good one as now "my kids" are talking about Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers and that was 1957. Still, "my kids" know about him and are THRILLED to talk to Jimmy Merchant who was a Teenager.

I'm not sure if I am happier for some of "my kids" or Jimmy who is so excited to be part of our program.

randy_russi
04-04-2011, 07:42 AM
How exciting! I saw him perform about three years ago on a bill with Martha Reeves, the Contours, and Arlene Smith.
What do you teach, satipe? I teach 7th grade geography in a middle school here in central Florida.

satipe
04-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi Randy,

I teach in a specialized program for at-risk students 16-19 years of age. For many years, I have had "my kids" study and talk to artists to help pave the way musically for today's performers. They have spoken to and/or met many and it has been a great success.

Many years ago [[last millennium, century, decade...the 1900's), I taught Grade 7 and loved it. I took a desk job and hated it and since 2001, I have been in this program and love it.

randy_russi
04-11-2011, 09:59 AM
That's great! Teaching today's youth is VERY tough! Too many outside influences and not enough parental support.
I've taught 33 years here in Florida!