PDA

View Full Version : Motown Museum reopening on July 15, 2020.

test

woodward
06-28-2020, 08:22 AM
This news broke today. Although there will be numerous restrictions due to the coronvirus, the best news is that photography will now be allowed inside the museum. It was prohibited previously.

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/brian-mccollum/2020/06/28/motown-museum-reopen-new-exhibit-safety-procedures/3243002001/

DWSheffer
06-28-2020, 08:53 AM
That is good news about allowing photography. Being that I work with a historical society I understand the conservation side of not allowing what was once known as flash photography in the "old days" of cameras, but how many people carry a physical camera anymore? The majority use their cellphone cameras which utilize LED flash when required. LEDs do not emit UV light, which is what damages and fades items over time. I've figured many museums would/will probably change the no photography rule eventually.

midnightman
06-28-2020, 11:34 AM
Good news.

NativeNuYorker
06-28-2020, 05:26 PM
Many will still prohibit photography because it prevents gift shops from monopolizing on popular artwork and photos and allowing photos also creates bottlenecking and people preventing others from appreciating exhibits. I remember how frustrating it was to get close to actually see the popular art at the Louvre because of people taking 100s of selfies.

DWSheffer
06-29-2020, 09:21 PM
I certainly see your point NNY. I guess I come from a more respectful generation that isn't interested at all in "selfies". Not to say that I haven't had a friend take my picture on the steps of Hitsville though!