PDA

View Full Version : April 3, 1969--Diana Ross & the Supremes, Orlando, FL

test

randy_russi
04-01-2011, 09:22 AM
I have no photos to share, but this is the date they performed in Orlando at the Orlando
Sports Stadium. Opening act, unadvertised, was Gladys Knight & the Pips and also
Willie Tyler & Lester.
Great show!!! They wore the gold gowns later worn by Jean, Mary & Cindy on Right On
lp.
Ticket prices: $4, $5, $6!!!!!

My brother and I were center on the fourth row. A lot of flash photography when they
opened with TCB so photos do exist somewhere. There were also photos in the Orlando
Sentinel of the review.

Motown_M_1056
04-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I have no photos to share, but this is the date they performed in Orlando at the Orlando
Sports Stadium. Opening act, unadvertised, was Gladys Knight & the Pips and also
Willie Tyler & Lester.
Great show!!! They wore the gold gowns later worn by Jean, Mary & Cindy on Right On
lp.
Ticket prices: $4, $5, $6!!!!!

My brother and I were center on the fourth row. A lot of flash photography when they
opened with TCB so photos do exist somewhere. There were also photos in the Orlando
Sentinel of the review.

No fuzzy, Kodak shots? I hated those cheap cameras. They always photographed a fat aunt clearly, but when you took one to a concert, it never worked and made the subject look like they were hundreds of feet away. Tickets were $4, $5 and $6. And I bet some folk couldn't afford $6.00 back then.

randy_russi
04-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Up 'til then that was the most expensive show I attended. We usually paid $2 or $3 and we would see a bill with about 14
acts.
No, I have no snapshots and didn't attempt to take a camera. But the flashes were going off like fireworks when they
came on doing "T.C.B." as their opening number followed by the Supremes' hits-medley. Gil Askey conducted. They
had their own rhythm section and contracted the orchestra.
Gladys & Pips were intro. by Askey and they were FABULOUS!!!!! They opened with "Ain't No Sun Since You Been Gone".

robbert
04-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Let those dozens of flashed pics roll in!