04-01-2011, 04:01 AM
Rest In Peace :[[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEK9z4ww4dM

GeeTee(HPK)
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
42 nosey ass lurkers,and no one has anything to say ? Amazing ! SMH !!!!! :mad:

paladin
04-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Dam dude we were posting at the same time.........we must really be brothers from another Mother....

marv2
04-01-2011, 02:46 PM
That was a hard day. I got off work, turned on NBC news and there it was!
RIP Marvin

GeeTee(HPK)
04-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I will never forget that day. Remember,we didn't have the internet like we have today. The only source we had at that time was TV and the radio.

I was at home watching a game with the volume low,and I had the stereo on at the same time. All of the sudden, whoever I was listening at the time,broke the news. I remember him repeating over and over that this was not a April Fools joke.

I wasn't buying it,so I turned on other radio stations,and they said the same thing. About a few minutes afterwords, the news broke on TV. That's when I knew it was true,along with various radio stations playing his music and the various people were calling in. :[[

I had a jazz show at the time,and I had already had my selections picked out. I had to change my selections and try to find some of Marvin Gaye's music covered by Jazz artists, and of course, I had to bring some Marvin's music as well.

It was one of the hardest shows I to do, but I managed.
[[and just think,he didn't make it to see 46 April 2nd 1984) :[[

Ashe Marvin Pentz Gay Jr.

144man
04-01-2011, 05:34 PM
27 years ago and it still isn't any easier to understand.

MotownSteve
04-01-2011, 10:12 PM
See this tread also: http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?2624-****April-1st-The-Day-Music-Died-Marvin-Gaye-RIP*****

tallone
04-02-2011, 02:22 AM
27 years. WOW!!! Seems like it was just last year. Still hard to believe.

tamla617
04-02-2011, 03:53 PM
we were on excercise and in the middle of an air raid when the news came on the radio.i was in a nbc [[nuke,biological,chemical)suit and respirator and tin hat!,laying on the hangar floor.i'm lookin at my mate all i could see was his eyes and was trying to have a conversation about marvin and got bollocked by the war umpires for talking!i was out coming out the airforce in a few months so couldnt give a **********!
it doesnt seem anything like 27 years ago.2 days before that i'd just bought "in our lifetime" lp for less than a quid in a record shop clearout.