PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson's Hancock Park house

test

jillfoster
03-31-2011, 11:14 PM
I've not seen very many pictures of this house, anyone have some old pics from old magazines? I forget what the address was.... I wonder what it looks like now?

smark21
04-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Diana Ross bought it and had it torn down.

robbert
04-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Smark! Shame on you!

marv2
04-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Diana Ross bought it and had it torn down.

No, it was Diana Ross' "white cube" house in LA that was torn down in recent years.

randy_russi
04-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Are you serious? Was her house on Maple torn down? I never heard that, but that house did look more like an office bldg.
than a house.

marv2
04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Are you serious? Was her house on Maple torn down? I never heard that, but that house did look more like an office bldg.
than a house.

Yes I'm serious. There were pictures of the demolition somewhere. If I come across them again I'll show you.

randy_russi
04-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks, marv2! That is a valuable piece of property. I take it someone bought it and rebuilt on the lot.

jillfoster
04-01-2011, 07:04 PM
So, what was Mary's old address? I'll google it and see what it looks like today. From her description in her book, it sounded like she decorated it like a house of ill repute. But I've not seen any extensive photos. I just remember one of her and Fuller Gordy sitting playing chess at a table.... and I was quite suprised to see that Mary had the EXACT same iced tea glasses that I have!

marv2
04-01-2011, 08:32 PM
So, what was Mary's old address? I'll google it and see what it looks like today. From her description in her book, it sounded like she decorated it like a house of ill repute. But I've not seen any extensive photos. I just remember one of her and Fuller Gordy sitting playing chess at a table.... and I was quite suprised to see that Mary had the EXACT same iced tea glasses that I have!

Jill , it was either the house Nat King Cole use to own or right across the street from his. It was always described as a mansion. There were a few pics in the old Black Star Magazine, one was in one of those biographies of Mary standing holding her daughter Turkessa in front of a large painting of the Supremes. There is a picture of Mary, Freda Payne and Natalie Cole taken outside the house which looks like the pool area and all three were very pregnant at the time. They had their share of parties at that house but the pics I've seen were of the guests and not so much of the surrounding house.

blueskies
04-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I was told on this forum that The Supremes [[1975) LP album cover of Mary [[pregnant), Scherrie and Cindy was photographed at the Hancock Mansion. In thinking back who told me this......I might take that with a grain of salt?