PDA

View Full Version : Mike Roshkind

test

skooldem1
03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Posted on facebook:

[[Leigh Roshkind)

"Whoever manages this site, please ask Diana the following. I think she'll know me. I have some questions. Post here -- under my name or another's? Or privately? You got the note from my mother. My dad's on his deathbed. And all he did for you and Berry etc.

I am SO tired of being quiet about you, Motown etc. Do any of yo...u have a heart?"

Was anyone aware that he was ill? Looks like the family is trying to reach out to Motown. If anyone here has any connections- pass this on.

Kamasu_Jr
03-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Posted on facebook:

[[Leigh Roshkind)

"Whoever manages this site, please ask Diana the following. I think she'll know me. I have some questions. Post here -- under my name or another's? Or privately? You got the note from my mother. My dad's on his deathbed. And all he did for you and Berry etc.

I am SO tired of being quiet about you, Motown etc. Do any of yo...u have a heart?"

Was anyone aware that he was ill? Looks like the family is trying to reach out to Motown. If anyone here has any connections- pass this on.

Sounds bitter and threatening to me. Not exactly how I'd want to come across if I truly needed something AT SUCH A CRITICAL STAGE. Maybe Mr. Gordy will see it OR NOT.

skooldem1
03-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I thought the same thing at first. Then I had to pause and think about what this person is going through right now. It may be more desperation than anything.

Kamasu_Jr
03-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Whatever happened between them is really between them. Didn't Roshkind have some sort of problem with the government over tax evasion? By now, whatever it was ... it's probably old regrets and recriminations and none of my business.

marv2
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
I saw his name pop up here and I was sure that something bad or bad news was going to follow. Sure, Diane knows Leigh. It would behoove her to "reach out" at this time as Michael Roshkind did play a substantial part in her success.

Roberta75
03-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Sounds bitter and threatening to me. Not exactly how I'd want to come across if I truly needed something AT SUCH A CRITICAL STAGE. Maybe Mr. Gordy will see it OR NOT.

It's a rather ugly, threatening message and probably written in haste and anger. While my heart goes out to Mr. Roshkind and his family, surely Leigh Roshkind knows you get more with honey than you do with vinegar.

At the end of the day he was an employee of Mr. Gordy and Motown and probably paid very well for his services. There are thousands of sick people in our country and sadly a former boss isn't obligated to help you in anyway regardless of how rich they are.

May God bless Mr. Roshkind and may he be surrounded by the love of God, his family and peaceful positive energy. Anger doesn't help the sick.

marv2
03-29-2011, 11:28 PM
During Happier Times........

Diana Ross, Michael Roshkind, his wife and Berry Gordy Jr.

marv2
03-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Posted on facebook:

[[Leigh Roshkind)

SkoolDem, where exactly did Leigh Roshkind post the above message?

skooldem1
03-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Diana's Facebook page.

marv2
03-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Diana's Facebook page.

Thank you very much SkoolDem.

captainjames
03-31-2011, 09:42 AM
skooldem1
I checked Diana's facebook page and did not see the entry.

skooldem1
03-31-2011, 10:08 AM
captain- I don't know what to tell you. I saw it initially, and went back to check yesterday and it was still there.

captainjames
03-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Oh I believe you I was just on there this morning and did not see it.

captain- I don't know what to tell you. I saw it initially, and went back to check yesterday and it was still there.

skooldem1
03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
you may have to go back a few days.

carlo
03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
We shouldn't criticize Diana because we don't know the entire story. While Mike has done a lot for Diana's career back in the day, we do not know if Diana in fact received this note or is even aware of Mike's condition. Hopefully the message concerning Mike's health will reach her. In the meantime, we shouldn't turn this into some kind of ugly discussion to bash Diana. This is a sensitive matter. Our energies would be better directed at praying for Mike and his family. From judging the tone of the message, it sounds like they do need our thoughts and prayers.

carlo
03-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Thank you Skool for posting this. I sent out an e-mail to someone who is connected to Diana on a business-level. I hope the message reaches her.

randy_russi
03-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Mike Roshkind was managing Smokey for a time after Smokey left Motown. The tax problems with him were way back in
the '70s. It had no effect on his position at Motown as he still continued to work there.

Roberta75
03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
We shouldn't criticize Diana because we don't know the entire story. While Mike has done a lot for Diana's career back in the day, we do not know if Diana in fact received this note or is even aware of Mike's condition. Hopefully the message concerning Mike's health will reach her. In the meantime, we shouldn't turn this into some kind of ugly discussion to bash Diana. This is a sensitive matter. Our energies would be better directed at praying for Mike and his family. From judging the tone of the message, it sounds like they do need our thoughts and prayers.

Well put Carlo and it should be pointed out Diana has almost 160,000 facebook fans/friends/followers or whatever you call them, and probably hasn't even seen this posting from Ms. Roshkind.

reese
03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Mike Roshkind was managing Smokey for a time after Smokey left Motown. The tax problems with him were way back in
the '70s. It had no effect on his position at Motown as he still continued to work there.

Actually Mike started managing Smokey while he was still with Motown, right before he released the ONE HEARTBEAT album. Berry asked him to do so.

randy_russi
03-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks,reese, but he continued with him after Smokey left the label.

hartfordman
03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Wasn't Mike Roshkind Berry's AX man. He's the one Flo Ballard met and signed those dreadful papers all her rights and royalties away as a Supreme. He did a lot of the dirty work too!

carlo
03-31-2011, 02:40 PM
I e-mailed my contact and they said they are going to pass the message about Mike onto Diana. Thanks again, Skool.

randy_russi
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Well, what is she supposed to do? Is this daughter implying her father is broke?