PDA

View Full Version : Active user list question

test

rovereab
08-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Just wondered why some users in the Active User List on the Forum front page have a "+" next to their name.

Anybody know?

Eamonn

westgrandboulevard
08-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Eamonn

I wondered too, but is it because they are on your Friends list?

WGB

rovereab
08-15-2010, 06:59 AM
I think that's it WGB as the only friend currently online has a "+" and you, for example, do not.

Good spot!

thanks.

Eamonn

westgrandboulevard
08-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks Eamonn

That was my first post, after y-e-a-r-s of lurking, and learning!

..and here's one for you...

I notice you are a Senior Member.

Any idea of the criteria involved, as over 50% of members would appear to post very infrequently, if ever.

WGB

rovereab
08-15-2010, 07:29 AM
WGB, I think the "membership status" is related to the number of posts made. I have been a member of the previous SDF for many years and visited the Forum on a daily basis. During this time I have made 708 posts I wonder how that compares to you. Perhaps you have not made that number of posts yet.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that being a Senior Member is nothing to do with my age LOL.

Regards.

Eamonn

westgrandboulevard
08-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Eamonn

Yes, I imagine that would be it, but I did notice, in a quick review a few minutes ago, that one member seemed to be 'Senior' with 125 posts, and another was 'Junior' with 147.

However it is worked, I guess there's no competition involved, so it's not really so important.

I can't recall, but I could have been a member for all the years I just 'visited', but without actually signing in.

With the change to the new forum, I'm now signed up, and I'm signing in each time....so can make posts, hence the first two being made today.

Well, I hit 60 last month so, if being 'Senior' did have something to do with age,that could make me one of the oldest juniors around!

WGB

pshark
08-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Age has nothing to do with it:D
Woe, thats kinda strange that that somebody with less posts is senior than the junior who has more posts:confused:
Now I noticed on my profile that I'm averaging 217.24 posts per day:eek: I think thats a little off

robb_k
08-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Maybe "Senior" and "Junior" have to do with how long in elapsed time that a member has been a member of The NEW SD Forum?