PDA

View Full Version : New limited edition collector’s icon from mary!

test

TheMotownManiac
06-03-2020, 09:25 PM
This is quite an interesting and fab objet d’ art!!!

https://www.iconcastings.com/marywilson/mary-wilson-s-stop-icon-casting

Ollie9
06-04-2020, 06:04 AM
I think it looks rather creepy. Perhaps I’ve watched one to many horror movies lol.

milven
06-04-2020, 08:48 AM
It is a little odd, and quite expensive. I saw Mary in one of those many blogs that are posted here and she signed one of them for the hosts. It is at about 48 minutes.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?26059-Spill-The-Tea-Mary-Wilson!

This costs $ 575.00 and it says that
"A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Figure Skating In Harlem​ [[and Detroit), a charity close to Mary's heart. "

Usually the "portion" is merely pennies. Who gets the major portion?

Things are a little tight for everyone right now, including performers, who have no one to perform to. But if Mary is selling these for profit for herself and it not for Charity, then it is not Mary that is keeping the Supreme Legacy alive. It is the Supreme Legacy that is keeping Mary alive.

I'll pass on this one. It is bizarre and way overpriced

woodward
06-04-2020, 11:46 AM
I would be more inclined had she designated a percentage of the proceeds to the Motown Museum Expansion. I wish more Motown artists who are still performing would stand up and be accounted for in this regard. It is their legacy, right?

vgalindo
06-04-2020, 04:32 PM
I think it looks rather creepy. Perhaps I’ve watched one to many horror movies lol.
Lol. I agree. Kinda creepy to me too.

TheMotownManiac
06-04-2020, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=milven;578827]It is a little odd, and quite expensive. I saw Mary in one of those many blogs that are posted here and she signed one of them for the hosts. It is at about 48 minutes.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?26059-Spill-The-Tea-Mary-Wilson!

This costs $ 575.00 and it says that
"A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Figure Skating In Harlem​ [[and Detroit), a charity close to Mary's heart. "

Usually the "portion" is merely pennies. Who gets the major portion?

Things are a little tight for everyone right now, including performers, who have no one to perform to. But if Mary is selling these for profit for herself and it not for Charity, then it is not Mary that is keeping the Supreme Legacy alive. It is the Supreme Legacy that is keeping Mary alive.

It has always been the Supremes keeping Mary alive and not the other way around although certainly her publicity has helped, but millions and millions more people have seen diana ross sing and perform The Supremes music than Mary. As far as the personal image of the Supremes goes, that legacy is being preserved not by Diana or Mary but by the Flos. And whatever amount is going to the ice skaters, I support Mary’s decision to do what’s necessary to squirrel money away for her later years. I think these things at $600 are a little pricey for my blood, but I would’ve bought one if it was a lot less.