PDA

View Full Version : New release - Martha & The Vandellas - Watchout CD + Live!

test

mysterysinger
06-01-2020, 10:58 AM
OK so it's an unofficial one - OLDAYS strikes again - but wait a minute - just look at those bonus tracks....

01. I'M READY FOR LOVE
02. ONE WAY OUT
03. JIMMY MACK
04. LET THIS DAY BE
05. KEEP IT UP
06. HAPPINESS IS GUARANTEED
07. I'LL FOLLOW YOU
08. NO MORE TEARSTAINED MAKE UP
09. GO AHEAD AND LAUGH
10. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOUR LOVE
11. TELL ME I'LL NEVER BE ALONE
12. HE DOESN'T LOVE HER ANYMORE

BONUS TRACKS

�wLIVE!�x
13. INTRODUCTION - I'M READY FOR LOVE
14. LOVE BUG LEAVE MY HEART ALONE
15. FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE
16. LOVE IS LIKE A HEAT WAVE
17. NOWHERE TO RUN
18. MY BABY LOVES ME
19. I FOUND A LOVE
20. JIMMY MACK
21. YOU'VE BEEN IN LOVE TOO LONG
22. LOVE[[MAKES ME DO FOOLISH THINGS)
23. DO RIGHT WOMAN / RESPECT
24. MEDLEY:DANCING IN THE STREET/I CAN'T HELP MYSELF[[SUGAR PIE. HONEY BUNCH)/SWEET SOUL MUSIC/UPTIGHT[[EVERYTHING'S ALRIGHT)

copley
06-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Would you please provide a link? Thanks.

mysterysinger
06-01-2020, 05:05 PM
Here's an Ebay link... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARTHA-THE-VANDELLAS-WATCHOUT-JAPAN-MINI-LP-CD-BONUS-TRACK-C94/353093236283?hash=item5235ff363b:g:uaUAAOSwMote1Hj q

copley
06-01-2020, 05:37 PM
Thanks mysterysinger :)

daviddesper
06-01-2020, 06:58 PM
Interesting!!!!!!!!! Never heard of this label. Do they have a website so we can see what else they might offer?

luckyluckyme
06-01-2020, 07:22 PM
I'm not so sure about a website but there are a number of Oldays releases here:

https://www.discogs.com/label/1017105-Oldays-Records?page=1

luckyluckyme
06-01-2020, 07:24 PM
They do have a website:

oldays.merurido.jp/catalog.php

luckyluckyme
06-01-2020, 07:44 PM
If you're visiting the Oldays website , be sure to click on some of the albums for the write-ups. Here's a sample for a beloved album by another Motown girl group:

A late masterpiece album, full of mid-throws that combine mature color and comfort!

The 5th album [[67 year production) of the girl group “Marvelez” known for the hit of “Please Mr. Postman” is a masterpiece with a mature scent that makes you feel a break from the conventional sound. It is a charm of this board that you can get drunk by making dreamy sounds such as Smokey Robinson's ③ ​​which recorded 2nd place on the R&B chart ③, Ruby & Romantics cover ④ which became the first UK chart, but it is written by Johnny Bristol You can't miss the rhythmic ⑩ and Robert Parker's humorous cover. Bakarak's work [[2) is also included, and bonus tracks include 4 songs including single version of album songs.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
06-01-2020, 09:10 PM
If you're visiting the Oldays website , be sure to click on some of the albums for the write-ups. Here's a sample for a beloved album by another Motown girl group:

A late masterpiece album, full of mid-throws that combine mature color and comfort!

The 5th album [[67 year production) of the girl group “Marvelez” known for the hit of “Please Mr. Postman” is a masterpiece with a mature scent that makes you feel a break from the conventional sound. It is a charm of this board that you can get drunk by making dreamy sounds such as Smokey Robinson's ③ ​​which recorded 2nd place on the R&B chart ③, Ruby & Romantics cover ④ which became the first UK chart, but it is written by Johnny Bristol You can't miss the rhythmic ⑩ and Robert Parker's humorous cover. Bakarak's work [[2) is also included, and bonus tracks include 4 songs including single version of album songs.

This is probably what my stuff reads like trying to use Google Translator when I want to write something in Spanish! Funny, but I like where they're going with the description! They know. This album was something quite different, mature and unique among Motown albums.

Not to mention, this is something new! The Pink Album is getting some long-overdue attention in being included among these re-issues. I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't just toss out Please Mr. Postman again.

carlo
06-01-2020, 09:10 PM
Oldays is a Japanese bootleg label. Not sure if there is a loophole in Japanese copyright laws that they've been able to take advantage of? As they've been able to put out a ton of titles via distributors on eBay. Interesting Vandellas release but besides the unfortunate fact that it's a bootleg release, they've ruined the glorious original album cover. They added on the live album from 67 as a 'bonus', which has most likely been recorded/transferred from a vinyl record.

calvin
06-02-2020, 08:09 AM
From the discogs page:
"Oldays Records is a Japanese reissue label, run by Clinck Co., Ltd. [[president, Kazuo Nagano). All releases are consistent with Japanese laws, where copyrights expire after 50 years."

So they're public domain releases in Japan, which means they should be needle drops. I avoid these unless it's music I really want and there's no other way to get it. I don't have any cds from this label.

I just googled a bit, it seems there were changes a couple of years ago to Japanese copyright law to bring them more in line with other countries - it could be that sound recordings made in or after 1968 are protected for 70 years, but I'm not sure. Both of these albums were released before 1968.

I see Oldays has already been discussed a couple of times in this forum:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?21055-A-Bit-Of-Liverpool-The-Supremes-[[mini-LP-CD-release)

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?21360-Supremes-quot-Sam-Cooke-quot-CD

thanxal
06-02-2020, 09:51 AM
From the discogs page:
"Oldays Records is a Japanese reissue label, run by Clinck Co., Ltd. [[president, Kazuo Nagano). All releases are consistent with Japanese laws, where copyrights expire after 50 years."

So they're public domain releases in Japan, which means they should be needle drops. I avoid these unless it's music I really want and there's no other way to get it. I don't have any cds from this label.

I just googled a bit, it seems there were changes a couple of years ago to Japanese copyright law to bring them more in line with other countries - it could be that sound recordings made in or after 1968 are protected for 70 years, but I'm not sure. Both of these albums were released before 1968.

I see Oldays has already been discussed a couple of times in this forum:

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?21055-A-Bit-Of-Liverpool-The-Supremes-[[mini-LP-CD-release)

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?21360-Supremes-quot-Sam-Cooke-quot-CD

I can verify that these recordings are needle drops. I erroneously bought a Christmas CD by Brenda Lee last year and was sorely disappointed with the sound quality. I saw the original artwork and thought it was the MCA/Decca version.

reese
06-02-2020, 12:45 PM
I vaguely remember their live album being available as a download on Amazon for a quick minute. Might this release be taken from that?