PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - "Conversations With Norm"!

test

marv2
05-30-2020, 09:02 PM
Now this was fun......!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQSw_cvLrVo

detmotownguy
05-31-2020, 11:16 AM
Nice Marv! At least he did some research. Wish there was more convo on the 70's groupings. The discussion of her early socialization was interesting. Thanks for posting.

marv2
05-31-2020, 11:28 AM
Nice Marv! At least he did some research. Wish there was more convo on the 70's groupings. The discussion of her early socialization was interesting. Thanks for posting.

He sure did. I can tell that Mary was more than a bit surprised at how much he knew. This was about the same length as the "An Evening With Mary Wilson" from the LBJ Library, but noticably a lot looser.

detmotownguy
05-31-2020, 12:26 PM
He sure did. I can tell that Mary was more than a bit surprised at how much he knew. This was about the same length as the "An Evening With Mary Wilson" from the LBJ Library, but noticably a lot looser.
Yes Mary was really relaxed and she excelled singing Here's to life. Is her voice getting better or what!

cornybside
05-31-2020, 01:06 PM
This was great! The interview of a lifetime. She still has so much inner vitality and she is beautiful in every way. I agree, she sounded great too, when singing Here's To Life.

detmotownguy
05-31-2020, 04:57 PM
Marv I remember a while back CJ had mentioned Mary seems to hold back on her range? Not here!

marv2
05-31-2020, 06:00 PM
Marv I remember a while back CJ had mentioned Mary seems to hold back on her range? Not here!

Mary has a beautiful voice, especially when she takes her time a focuses on the feeling she is trying to get across. Doing so many live shows, sometimes she just belts her way through song to get to the next one. Some of her very best concerts have been the Symphony concerts and anytime she relaxes and just sings pretty...........

luke
05-31-2020, 08:20 PM
Great interview. Thanks MARV. Interesting discussion on what happened at Motown 25.

marv2
06-02-2020, 12:37 PM
Great interview. Thanks MARV. Interesting discussion on what happened at Motown 25.

You are very welcome Luke!