PDA

View Full Version : Another temptin blooper!

test

arr&bee
05-25-2020, 02:02 PM
What? It's a slow day,hehe now from our favorite cult classic-the scene at the motown picnic where paul and blue tell david they need to talk to him about rehersals and tammi,the real temps wouldn't have mentioned tammi,otis stated that personal business is personal until it affects the group.

marv2
05-25-2020, 05:14 PM
What? It's a slow day,hehe now from our favorite cult classic-the scene at the motown picnic where paul and blue tell david they need to talk to him about rehersals and tammi,the real temps wouldn't have mentioned tammi,otis stated that personal business is personal until it affects the group.

Yeah that part didn't make sense to me. They really made David out to be monster in the movie.

Motown Eddie
05-27-2020, 09:03 AM

We've got to remember that The Temptations Mini Series is not a documentary. It's customary for movies like this to alter certain events in order to create drama [[it's in the fine print at the tail end of every bio-pic that such variations are made for dramatic purposes).

jboy88
05-27-2020, 09:38 AM
More of a missed opportunity than a blooper. But where was Taraji P. Henson during the casting calls. This would have been the perfect time for her to play Tammi. The actress in the film was too dark, when according to a comment I read on YouTube, Tammi was biracial.

nativeNY63
05-27-2020, 09:53 AM
We've got to remember that The Temptations Mini Series is not a documentary. It's customary for movies like this to alter certain events in order to create drama [[it's in the fine print at the tail end of every bio-pic that such variations are made for dramatic purposes).
Yeah. Much like those Based on A True Story tagline. Or Based on Actual Events.

nativeNY63
05-27-2020, 09:58 AM
More of a missed opportunity than a blooper. But where was Taraji P. Henson during the casting calls. This would have been the perfect time for her to play Tammi. The actress in the film was too dark, when according to a comment I read on YouTube, Tammi was biracial.
Taraji would have been an excellent choice, jboy! Take a gander at her star turn in that Madea movie. In it she sings at a bar, w/the giant Angela Davis fro [[Mary J. is in it too) ala Aretha. Plus in her real voice!

reese
05-27-2020, 10:08 AM
Taraji would have been an excellent choice, jboy! Take a gander at her star turn in that Madea movie. In it she sings at a bar, w/the giant Angela Davis fro [[Mary J. is in it too) ala Aretha. Plus in her real voice!

Actually Cheryl "Pepsi" Riley did the vocals for Taraji in I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF. But Taraji did do her own vocals for HUSTLE AND FLOW and performed the Oscar-winning song ITS HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP on the Oscars telecast.

marv2
05-27-2020, 10:25 AM

Tammi was not biracial. She is actually a cousin of Lynda Laurence and Sundray Tucker. Both of Tammi [[Montgomery) Terrell's parents were African American as are her sisters.

nativeNY63
05-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Actually Cheryl "Pepsi" Riley did the vocals for Taraji in I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF. But Taraji did do her own vocals for HUSTLE AND FLOW and performed the Oscar-winning song ITS HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP on the Oscars telecast.

Thanks, Reese. Didn't know that. But girlfriend brings it. Always lurv Pepsi's vocal skills.

jboy88
05-27-2020, 11:19 PM
Tammi was not biracial. She is actually a cousin of Lynda Laurence and Sundray Tucker. Both of Tammi [[Montgomery) Terrell's parents were African American as are her sisters.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn’t know she and Lynda Lawrence were cousins either.

jboy88
07-08-2020, 07:32 PM
While we’re discussing trivial things about the movie, when Dennis joins the group he has a large Afro that shrank as they moved into the early 70s. In reality, he had a modest sized fro that got bigger into the 70s.

marv2
07-09-2020, 08:39 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn’t know she and Lynda Lawrence were cousins either.

They were also cousins of sing Bunny Sigler.

marv2
07-09-2020, 08:40 AM
While we’re discussing trivial things about the movie, when Dennis joins the group he has a large Afro that shrank as they moved into the early 70s. In reality, he had a modest sized fro that got bigger into the 70s.

Great observation.

TammiTerrellFan
10-01-2020, 08:10 PM
Ludie Montgomery said in her book on Tammi, that they Were Not related to Lynda and Sundray!