PDA

View Full Version : A Birthday message to Diana. [[A VERY LONG MESSAGE)

test

supreme_lady
03-27-2011, 04:36 AM
FORWARDED FROM DIANA-WEB.COM

Date Posted: 14:35:26 03/26/11 Sat
Author: Antinini [[Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!)
Author Host/IP: 68.186.45.91
Subject: Happy Birthday Miss Ross!

Dear Miss Ross,

No clue whether YOU will ever read this. Obviously hundreds of thousands of other fans will but this is not to them it's to Miss Ross. The ONLY person that I would want to hear back from on this email is YOU Diana. I am begging that nobody else email a response or comments though PLEASE!

WHERE DO I START ......Besides my own birthday and my son's birthday, YOURS is the only one that I actually remember and get excited about EVERY YEAR. I've never sent an email and or even tried in any way to contact you but for some reason this year and because the Internet makes it almost possible I thought I would just go to a fan club website and see if by some miracle you read this. I was thinking if I were you today would probably be about the only day out of the year that I would really want to spend time and see what people were saying and if anyone was thinking about me. My guess is SEVERAL hundred thousand closet Diana Ross fans are thinking of you today. I was actually bummed to hear that your birthday was on a Saturday because I look forward to the tributes that all the Entertainment Television programs do on you. ha

Just wanted you to know that I have been probably your BIGGEST fan for over 25 or 30 years. I grew up in the SF Bay Area, Sacramento for College and then Los Angeles.

The first ALBUM I ever bought was the one with I'm Coming Out and The Boss on it. But my adoration of you started way before that. Your performances in Lady Sings the Blues, Mohagany and the Wiz were incredible as well.

I've seen you perform live at least 20 times over the years and if I could have gotten the time off and could have afforded to see you in every City you've ever performed, I would have gone.

The first time I ever saw you live was in Vegas at Ceasar's Palace. The BEST live performance I have EVER seen in my entire life by ANY entertainer! The way you connect with your audience is matched by NO other entertainer on this planet and I personally doubt if ANYONE will be able to duplicate what you do when you step foot on stage. It is MAGICAL!!!!

The times I've seen you I wonder how you are feeling and what you are thinking when you are up there. Is she thinking about what she's got to do tomorrow, or phone calls that she's got to return or talks she's got to have with her kids, or negotiations with Agents and Managers, what negative thing the press has come up with this week, is my dress going to rip, are your feet hurting, are you going to trip in your high heels, or forget a line, miss a dance step, fall off the stage, get stage fright, is a crazy fan going to jump on stage and scare the $hit out of you! ha

I probably live in a fantasy world but I think the truth is that you are probably MOSTLY thinking about how lucky you are to be standing out on a stage looking incredibly beautiful, knowing how hard you've worked to get there and seeing adoring faces clapping and screaming that they love you. You have always seemed as happy to be in our presence as we have been blessed and honored to be yours. You are so incredibly comfortable on the stage. My guess is that you are actually more comfortable on stage than you are at any other time in your life. Don't get me wrong, I know you ADORE your kids and I completely respect and LOVE that about you. I feel the same way about my Son. I would throw myself in front of a bus for him BUT I'm sure even your kids notice when they are fortunate to attend one of your performances that you magically transform into DIANA ROSS the hollywood icon and music legend. It's interesting to me that when I see you in TV interviews you are always stunning BUT you are never more beautiful than you are when you are on stage performing. I'm certain that lighting, costumes and stage makeup contribute to that and you certainly don't want to go on an Oprah Interview looking like a Vegas showgirl but it's the little details like THIS, that make you the bigger than life star that you are.

The closest I ever came to you knowing that I existed was at a show in Lake Tahoe. I think this time it was at Ceasar's Tahoe [[which I don't even think is there anymore) Anyway, I can't remember the year but you were out in the audience and I was there with several of my friends who also WORSHIPED you and came into the audience and started doing Reach Out and Touch. You were getting closer and closer to our table and you even looked right into my eyes once [[BTW, I'm told that back in my day I was extremely good looking and even did some modeling so I was always hoping you would notice me when you came out in the audience so I always tipped the door guy like $50 to get as close as possible! ha) BUT I froze and chickened out and kind of looked away ONLY because I couldn't sing my way out of a paper bag and I was horrified that you might ask me to sing along with you. But I'm embarrassed to say and I'm sure to your disgust, as you walked by me my friends are all pointing at me and telling you to stop and speak to me but you kept walking because I would not make I eye contact and as you walked by me I TOUCHED YOUR DRESS! [[IN FACT IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN I THINK IT WAS YOUR BUTT, HOWEVER I WOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THAT INTENTIONALLY it was just that I had a split second and I knew I had blown it so I thought I'm going to at least touch her and I reached out my finger and it happened to be your butt.... I'm REALLY sorry about that but it was very light so you probably didn't even know it had happened. In fact, that was quite risky because knowing you, had you felt it you may have turned around and knocked me out. ha .... unbeknownst to Diana Ross she takes out her biggest fan on the whole planet. hehehe

I will never forget the perfume you had on and I think you may where at EVERY live performance .. I'm not sure but it is so incredible. I would give anything to know what it is!!!! The last time I saw you it was in Reno and the name of the hotel escapes me ... definitely the nicest hotel in Reno ... it may have been the MGM Grand at one time.... anyway when we found out you were going to be there it was almost sold out and we ended up with pretty lousy seats way over to your left if you are standing on the stage ... I told all my friends as the moment was building up that you were going to come out "trust me you will smell Diana when she hits the stage" and sure enough they all looked at me after practically crying when you came out singing I'm Coming Out and they all said Oh my Gosh I can smell her!!!!!! Another DETAIL that my guess is NOT by accident.

One interesting thing that may or may not spark a memory in your mind that we both actually have in common is a connection to Bob Mackey. When I was living in LA which was probably back in about 1986 to 1992 I ended up having several roommates and we lived over by Beverly Center in an area called Carthay Circle. We had a beautiful home but the only way we could afford it was to have 4 of us live there. One of my roommates ended up being Jim Lutz who worked for Bob as his lead co-designer/assistant there at the studio they had on Beverly or was it Melrose... I can't remember. I had no idea who Bob was and had no clue that he was YOUR main Designer and even Cher's, Carol Burnett's, Lucille Ball, etc. Most importantly he was YOUR Designer!!! When I found that out I could not believe it!!! Jim actually knew you and fitted you in your costumes AND beaded most of your gowns. He would bring them home and bead them because there were always deadlines for premiers and shows. I will never forget two especially cool days of my life that Jim made happen. Again, you won't love to hear this but if you really knew me you wouldn't care at all. I'm about as normal as they come ... well, with the exception of my obsession with YOU, but it's only admiration ..... definitely NOT LUST so don't even think about that for a second. Anyway, Jim clued me in that you were going to be in town for a fitting for your WEDDING GOWN to the Oil guy [[I'm sorry I can't remember his name.. how disrespectful) on such and such day and told me the time so that I could inconspiculously sit in my car across the very large Beverly Blvd. or Melrose one and watch you walk from the studio back into your limo that was waiting in the breeze way. So sure enough he calls me on my cell and says "she's coming out now". I look up and there you are walking out with huge sunglasses and a beautiful tight pant suit with high heels. You looked so stunning and classy. That evening he brought home a polaroid snap shot that they had taken of you with your dress on and I still have it to this day tucked away in my garage. You looked absolutely beautiful. I also have a hand beaded tassel that you were either wearing on your head dress when you shot the HBO special at Ceasar's Palace in Vegas or it may have been one of the two that were on your sleeves down by your wrists that Bob had designed for one of your album covers. In fact one of the pictures on this website has that gown and you are holding your head with the two tassels hanging on each side from your wrists. It also looks like the one that is on your headdress though when you are walking down the stairs in the opening. Anyway, just so you know it is put in a special box and comes out once a year and hung on our Christmas tree!!! ha

supreme_lady
03-27-2011, 04:39 AM
CONTINUATION.

Lastly, I think the time that was almost surreal that happened ONLY because Jim was my roommate, was a gown that Bob was doing for you so you could perform Over the Rainbow at the Oscars. You were apparently booked on the show at the last minute and they had basically no time to make this dress and have it ready for you that night. Jim had to bring it home and sew the glass beads into the design for almost a full week every night before the Oscars. I had the highest door frame in our house so he hung it, covered in plastic of course, in my door frame every night. I would never touch it if he wasn't there but when he took it out each evening I would just sit and watch him and we would talk about you and he shared with me how down to earth you were and how sweet and thoughtful you were each time you came in for fittings. He said you were hilarious and VERY SMART. He also said that what a lot of people didn't know about you is that you could dance like there was no tomorrow. He said you would always start dancing and playing around and he always looked forward to your visits. He also mentioned that one of things that you made certain happened on EVERY gown Bob designed was that you could do your famous hands in the air pose. He said it was almost surreal to watch Diana Ross standing in the dress studio doing her pose and that you did it with EVERY dress he ever made..... and that most of your beaded gowns HAD to have a train in the back. You are the ONLY moviestar/entertainer that actually knows how to pull off a train though!!!! When these new stars come out with the trains they are tripping on them and holding them until they get to the podium ... NOT YOU ..... you WORKED those trains like nobody's business..... unbelievable!!!! Back to the Oscars gown ..... when Jim was finally done with your dress he held it up and showed it to all of us. I was still in disbelief that you would actually be wearing that dress the next night on TV. Jim told all of us that you ALWAYS had a couple of backups in case something happened or you didn't end up liking it when you tried it on or weren't comfortable with it.... but all of the sudden the presenter introduced you [[beautiful blonde... name escapes me but I love her) and the lights go dim, Judy Garland starts singing over the rainbow and suddenly YOU come walking out on stage in the dress that was hanging in my doorway just the night before and for the whole week prior. You looked absolutely ravishing and your voice was better than I'd ever heard it ..... it was one of the most crazy experiences EVER in my life.... I wanted to call everyone I knew in the whole world and tell them to turn the TV on. Best moment EVER!!!!

Unfortunately Jim, who ended up being one of my best friends in my entire life, died from AIDS complications back in around 1992 or !993. One of the kindest and most talented and FUNNY people I've ever met in my life, but how crazy is it that he ended up with a roommate that literally worshipped Diana Ross and he KNEW YOU!!!!!! I mean REALLY what are the chances of that?? : )))

Anyway, I will stop now, but know that I have seen EVERY interview and EVERY TV special you have ever done with maybe the exception of some Motown things when you were with the Supremes. That was a little before my time but I still watch everyone that I can find on the Internet.

You have been one of the most powerful forces in my entire life. The story of coming from nothing and being a black woman that was not afraid to break through the ridiculous barriers all of us white people put them years ago...one of the more embarrassing AND horrifying periods of US history unfortunately.
But you just kept going and you didn't take no for an answer and you worked your butt off. It was not an overnight success and it is not an easy task to continue to stay in the spot light and keep bringing hit songs over a span of 50+ years. WHO HAS DONE THAT, I MEAN REALLY, WHO????? NOBODY HAS!

In my life for the past 25 years that you have been my all time favorite artist/movie star/entertainer/and just person, there have been literally THOUSANDS of days that I will be going through something difficult or I have a difficult decision or presentation to make and suddenly I will hear one of your songs come over the radio, store loudspeaker, TV, etc. and suddenly I feel a strength .... like YOU CAN DO THIS MAN .... look at what she has been through... everyone trying to bring her down and destroy her career and she keeps coming back on top... over and over and over .... DIANA ROSS never gives up and will NEVER fade off into the sunset.... NEVER!!!

I will NEVER forget the Central Park Concert as long as I live. I won't even go into all the craziness that led up to that night but there we all are... about 20 people at my apartment all waiting for the broadcast to begin and suddenly we lose reception on our TV. I was absolutely OUT OF MY MIND with anger and frustration. My friends felt so bad for me that they actually climbed on the roof [[This is a two story apartment complex in Sacramento) and moved the dish satellite until the picture finally came back and it was within MINUTES of the intro. Everyone in the complex was cheering!!!!! THAT performance was UNMATCHABLE! As frustrating as it was I"m sure to have to call that performance off, that was a game changing moment for your career in my opinion. That was a true "defining moment" in an entertainer's career that comes to VERY few people. OMGosh YOU could not have looked more beautiful even in the pouring down rain. As much as you were probably asking God WHY that evening I am in hopes that you thanked Him and continue to thank him everyday for that miracle. That performance took you from Icon to one of the biggest Legend's of entertainment history. The one line that you said at one point during that performance after getting just hammered with rain as if someone had poured a bucket of water on your head was "it's for the flower's, it's only going to make them grow" with a huge DIANA ROSS SMILE on your face and your signature DIANA ROSS EYELASHES completely in place, gorgeous black curly hair all pulled back in your white silk robe..... it was almost a spiritual moment really... I'll never forget it for the rest of my life..... and then as if that was not enough you came back the next day and did it again opening with OF COURSE ....I'M COMING OUT and screaming "it's a new day, it's a new day" as you are making your way from the your little makeup/dressing room trailer to the stage.....ONLY YOU could have pulled that off Diana!!!!!! One funny thing also that many people probably never noticed but I noticed immediately the night it happened was when you tying the wrap that your Assistant brought out on stage to do what I think was the dance to the Michael Jackson song Maniac and your index finger nail came off or broke.... that is the other thing that ONLY YOU can pull off is long nails and that was the first time that I EVER saw you lose one. I remember that you threw it with your left hand to the right side of the stage and acted as if nothing ever happened, HOWEVER my guess it that you were PISSED! ha

.... and yes, I've seen you have melt downs at MANY of the shows that I've been too for one reason or another but I NEVER thought less of you and in most cases you had every right to do so. Usually obnoxious fans that were being disrespectful or offering you drugs while you were on stage. I've seen you kick almost a whole row of people out of the audience before but it is done with class and everyone that is experiencing it feels for you and completely RESPECTS that there are just certain things you will NOT put up with..... another reason I adore you!

You should be so frickin proud of your success AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY the impact you have had on so many hundred's of thousands of people's lives over your career. I hope you really realize how blessed you are and how you have blessed so many people that you will probably never know or ever hear from. I mean OPRAH even loves you and bows down to you when you come on her show. I think it's for real too. I think if the truth be known YOU were one of her biggest inspirations and probably played a HUGE role in her fame and success. Just so you know when you are sitting with her, even this last interview, you exude a magnificence that completely overshadows even her. Don't get me wrong, I think Oprah is wonderful and she's also done a lot to inspire people BUT nothing even close to what you have contributed and been responsible in your career. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!

Favorite songs .... oh my gosh .... The Boss, I'm Coming Out, HOME [[if you're listening God... : ), All for One and One for All [[get behind and push if you don't want the lead... : ), Do you know, Do you know ..... Ain't No Mountain HIgh Enough, Ain't no River Wide Enough .... Reach Out and Touch, Endless Love, Can't Hurry Love, Love Child, My World is Empty without You Babe, Stop in the Name of Love, My Man, Lady Sings the Blues, God Bless the Child That's Got His Own, Ribbons in the Sky, Forever Young, Why do fools fall in Love.....the list just goes on and on and on omgosh!!!!

supreme_lady
03-27-2011, 04:40 AM
LAST PART OF THE MESSAGE.

I have to leave you with just ONE piece of advice...... when I hear of people like Celine Dion, Cher and Bette Midler doing one woman shows at Ceasar's Palace in VEGAS it makes me physically ill. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are wonderful however there is NOBODY who deserves to have a stage BUILT FOR HER MORE THAN YOU!!!!! CEASAR'S SHOULD BE OFFERING YOU A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT, put you up in their largest Luxury Suite each night, AND offer to fly you back and forth to see your family on a Jet free every week.... WHATEVER it takes to put your name back on that huge Marque on Las Vegas Blvd. YOU are the one that wrote the book on Las Vegas performances WAY before any of these other stars existed. YOUR career spans for decades longer than there's and you have WAY more hits than any of them. Audiences want to be taken on journeys in a performance. YOU are the ONLY entertainer that knows how to do that. PLUS you are a MOVIE STAR AND A SINGING LEGEND. The only other entertainer that even comes CLOSE TO YOU and in my opinion falls WAY short in EVERY WAY, is Barbara Striesand. Bottom-line if CEASAR'S fired Celine and/or built YOU your own stage you would SELL OUT virtually EVERY show... there is NO question in my mind. I'm sure you probably just don't want to work that hard BUT if I were you I would just lay the rules down and tell them that's the only way you will do it. It's really a no-brainer. With your stage presence, talent, beauty, wardrobe, life story, career accomplishments, connections to film and music legends, songs spanning from Supreme days, Billy Holiday to NOW ..... WHO HAS DONE THIS ...... It just frustrates me to NO END that Celine is coming back and not YOU!!!!

i mean look at me, I'm not kidding, I doubt there is a fan out there that is more dedicated and in awe of you than me and this is the FIRST time that I have EVER tried to reach out to you in any way. I think as I get older it occurs to me that we are all going to leave this earth and perhaps it's the fact that it's your birthday today and that you and I both are getting up there [[I'm 53 now by the way... ha) I just wanted to send this email out and again I have no clue if you will ever see it but I just thought MAYBE there is someone out there that will read it and send it to you. At least I know that at least once in my life I took the time to thank YOU for EVERYTHING that you have done for me over the years and I wish you NOTHING but happiness but as you of all people know, there are going to be days that even DIANA ROSS can't prevent a dark cloud from coming by, but please know that as bad as things may seem, the GIFT that you have given this World is truly God's work and YOU were given a platform and voice unlike ANY Entertainer has been given EVER in the history of entertainment!!!! Be thankful and PLEASE DON'T EVER STOP MISS ROSS!

Thank you for EVERYTHING you've contributed from afar to my life and I wish you the happiest of Birthdays ever!!!! How is it even possible for anyone to still look this beautiful in her late 60's???? GOD has been with you every step of the way on your journey, through the good AND the bad, He's made you who you are and given you what you have today! Please don't ever forget that! All my best TODAY on your special day and FOREVER .... a

PHEW!!!!

supreme_lady
03-27-2011, 04:52 AM
Another nice birthday wish for Diana, with nice comments.

Dear Diana Ross: A Letter to My Beauty Icon

http://www.stylelist.com/2011/03/26/diana-ross/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-w%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%7C207518

From BLACKVOICES.COM
An Endless Love for Diana Ross Who Came. Saw. And Conquered

http://www.bvnewswire.com/2011/03/26/an-endless-love-for-diana-ross-who-came-saw-and-conquered/

smark21
03-27-2011, 01:04 PM
The person who wrote that message seems mentally ill and in dire need of medical attention and medication. Sounds like something the Kathy Bates character in Misery would write.

jillfoster
03-27-2011, 02:50 PM
The person who wrote that message seems mentally ill and in dire need of medical attention and medication. Sounds like something the Kathy Bates character in Misery would write.

Honey... you ain't lyin! I love music and it's a massive part of my life, but some people need to get a grip! I've seen Jesus freaks write with less fervor. And that part about Caesar's offering her a multi million dollar contract and making a stage just for her? Did this person ever stop to think that maybe she doesn't want to work her ass off like that anymore?

kenneth
03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
"I will never forget the perfume you had on and I think you may where at EVERY live performance .. I'm not sure but it is so incredible. I would give anything to know what it is!!!! "

Out of curiosity, I googled regarding Ross' favorite perfume. There's a web site which claims the following:

http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfragrances/

Diana Ross ~ Angel, Liu, Mad Moments, Obsession, Armarige

Who knows if it's true?

uptight
03-27-2011, 11:21 PM
It looks like he needed to get it all out of his system once and for all. Imagine him sitting at the keyboard, glass in hand, and typing on and on...

midnightman
03-28-2011, 06:17 AM
That wasn't a message, that was a love letter lmao

supreme_lady
03-28-2011, 09:11 AM

Now, now, that wasn't very nice, okay!! maybe it was a little bit over the top but you could tell that it came straight from his heart, he just had to get it out, nothing wrong with that, he's just saying exactly how he felt about Diana and some Ross fans did appreciate what's he's written from his reply.

Date Posted: 19:29:26 03/27/11 Sun
Author: Antinini [[Thank you for the nice emails everyone!)
Author Host/IP: 68.186.45.91
Subject: Wow....you guys are all so nice ... thank you! : )))
In reply to: SHIRA 's message, "Apology to Antinini" [[http://www.voy.com/114507/3705.html) on 14:50:17 03/27/11 Sun

No worries SHIRA ..... honestly I was only concerned about the "haters" and the negative people out there that constantly seem to want to bash her. I sort of assumed that I would get criticized for being overly complimentary and that would have really sent me over the edge because I know that everything I said comes from my heart and I TRULY meant every word. I was only writing a Birthday wish to someone that I've adored for most of my life from afar.

All of you who have made such nice comments on my letter I wrote to her are obviously wonderful and kind people. THOSE kinds of responses are absolutely welcomed and appreciated. Sorry that it came off like I didn't want to hear anything, good or bad. Just didn't want ANY negative spins to come out of something that was so important for me to say to someone I think the world of.... and definitely NOT on her birthday.

Surprisingly it was great therapy! Even though I know the chances that SHE would ever read this Birthday wish are slim at best, it actually felt good to put into words the appreciation, respect and adoration I have for her. It took me 25+ years, but I'm glad I took the time to finally do it. : )))))

I'm certain that a "hater" will sneak an email in, but you guys have all made me feel like my time wasn't wasted and now I know for CERTAIN I am not the only person out there that LOVES this great LEGEND!

selbmarsh2000
03-28-2011, 12:29 PM

I hope her kids grow up to be Mary Wilson fans.

selbmarsh2000
03-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Now, now, that wasn't very nice, okay!! maybe it was a little bit over the top but you could tell that it came straight from his heart, he just had to get it out, nothing wrong with that, he's just saying exactly how he felt about Diana and some Ross fans did appreciate what's he's written from his reply.

This is an adult that wrote this?

selbmarsh2000
03-28-2011, 01:00 PM
That wasn't a message, that was a love letter lmao

More like a terrorist threat or a ransom note.

selbmarsh2000
03-28-2011, 01:01 PM
It looks like he needed to get it all out of his system once and for all. Imagine him sitting at the keyboard, glass in hand, and typing on and on...

He should try eating more fiber if he needs to clean out his system.

Drew P. Nads
03-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I hope her kids grow up to be Mary Wilson fans.

And illiterate! Can you imagine the size of the poor child's birthday cards! They'd be 7 years old before they got to the end of the message on their 6th birthday card!

carlo
03-28-2011, 03:12 PM
My favourite part was where they apologize for poking Diana's bum. :)

tamla617
03-28-2011, 05:33 PM
thats care in the community for you.

turn the lights out love
beam me up scotty

selbmarsh2000
03-28-2011, 06:11 PM

My favorite part was when he starting throwing shit fits about Celine. Hope Celine has good security. That screwball would probably plug Celine so Diana could take over her Vegas gig. And this person says he's 53????? He writes like a 13 year old girl.

jillfoster
03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Supreme_Lady, cut and paste this thread over in THAT forum, so maybe this guy can get some mental evaluation. Didn't ANYONE in that forum call this guy the fruit loop that he is? And did you all notice that story about him waiting in the car on the street to catch a glimpse of her when she was having her wedding dress fitted?? Excuse me, but the woman was married in 1986.... how the hell did this guy have a CELL PHONE???!! They didn't exist. A very few wealthy people had huge, built in car phones...but not this guy who had to ahve 4 roommates.

selbmarsh2000
03-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Supreme_Lady, cut and paste this thread over in THAT forum, so maybe this guy can get some mental evaluation. Didn't ANYONE in that forum call this guy the fruit loop that he is? And did you all notice that story about him waiting in the car on the street to catch a glimpse of her when she was having her wedding dress fitted?? Excuse me, but the woman was married in 1986.... how the hell did this guy have a CELL PHONE???!! They didn't exist. A very few wealthy people had huge, built in car phones...but not this guy who had to ahve 4 roommates.

You mean when she married "that oil guy"?

smark21
03-28-2011, 08:02 PM

Too bad Miss Ross didn't slap him silly for that. Maybe he would have stopped being a fan and we wouldn't have been subjected to that birthday message he wrote. Then again, maybe if he had been slapped, he would be spending every day on the internet bashing Diana Ross. Or perhaps Miss Ross wanted to do something, but saw the crazed look in his eyes and thought better of it. Wasn't she once quoted that she found some of her fans scary?

smark21
03-28-2011, 08:04 PM

Maybe he blew all of his savings to get that cell/car phone in order to stalk Miss Ross so that's why he had to get roommates?

blueskies
03-28-2011, 08:28 PM
After reading that L O N G letter.....all I can say is.....somebody needs a psychiatrist up in here!

uptight
03-28-2011, 09:21 PM
selbmarsh2000, thanks for giving me a clue as to what "...a fitting for your WEDDING GOWN to the Oil guy..." meant. Haha. I get it now. He does write like a kid. That is why I pictured him writing this next to a bottle of wine [[or something), rambling as the bottle gets emptier.

juicefree20
03-28-2011, 10:25 PM
What I find rather interesting about these missives is how the writer[[s) always seem to try to elevate themselves & make the story about themselves by lifting themselves up as so & so's "greatest" fan. What is there, some kind of quantifiable way to prove their assertion?

When all is said & done, these messages usually come across as the writing's of a 3rd grader, which would be perfectly acceptible. Sadly, most of these messages are written by grown-azzed folks, which makes these messages rather tragic, if not downright frightening.

midnightman
03-29-2011, 05:46 AM
After reading that L O N G letter.....all I can say is.....somebody needs a psychiatrist up in here!

True that.

supreme_lady
03-29-2011, 06:42 AM

You are right, after re-reading that very long letter properly the second time round, even I could see now that it was a bit over the top and a bit scary and that's saying something coming from a big Diana fan like myself.
I wonder whether Ms Ross herself would have the pleasure of reading it and if so I wonder what she would think of it??? probably be scared to death.
I am sure the writer really didn't mean any harm when he set off to write the letter, maybe he was just a bit over enthusiastic but ended end coming across as being a deranged and obsessive fan:eek:

tamla617
03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Maybe he blew all of his savings to get that cell/car phone in order to stalk Miss Ross so that's why he had to get roommates?
they were out in '86,if you could lift the "mobile phone battery case"[[with coiled cable and handset) it weighed a ton.calls [[in uk)
were pounds a minute and the one my mate had cost over £1000.he got a call from new zealand it was costing the caller £12 a minute!the guy in new zealand didnt have a clue he was phoning a mobile and the cost after 10 minutes on it!

uptight
03-30-2011, 04:47 AM
In a mid-60s promotional film clip of the Four Tops riding in a convertible down West Grand Avenue, they pick up a car phone, pretending to answer it. It may have been affixed to the armrest of the car.

In the mid-90s my aunt gave me a cell phone to supposedly take over completion of the contract with the service provider. She called it a bag phone, because the battery and transmitter was in a fake leather bag. The handheld part was attached with a coiled cord. I knew cell phones were getting smaller then, but auntie wanted me to get some use out of it. I think it worked better than new cell phone technology.