PDA

View Full Version : Vandellas Anthology LP Set

test

fightingirish46
05-19-2020, 06:42 PM
Just found my Vandellas Anthology set from 1974. Has anyone noticed the mix for I’m Ready For Love and Jimmy Mack sound muffled?

Soulmusic4life
05-20-2020, 02:24 AM
Those 70s sets were awful sounding. As well as later reissue albums in the 80s.

Motown Eddie
05-20-2020, 05:08 AM
I had all of the Anthology LPs at one time and there were a lot of songs that did not sound right on those collections. They sound like they were done quickly and without using the first-generation masters for each of the songs.

gman
05-20-2020, 05:29 AM
I loved the Anthology sets! the ones I had....Marvelettes, Marvin, Martha, Supremes....my GF had the Tops and Tempts...so we were getting a beyond the Top Ten and #`1's Motown education.

I didn't like some of the mixes on the Marvelettes Compact Command Performances CD though. I picked up a bunch of that series because it was all that was out on CD at the time.

blue_whippet
05-20-2020, 02:47 PM
My introduction to I'm Ready For Love was via the Anthology set. At the time I just thought that was how it was meant to sound. I discovered much later on clearer versions. It remains to this day my most favorite M&TV track. I did feel a bit let down however when I learned it was the Andantes backing Martha. Such was my uneducated ears at the time.