PDA

View Full Version : favorite tv appearance per lineup

test

sup_fan
05-19-2020, 10:47 AM
tv absolutely played a major part in the girls' success. which are your favorite clips for each lineup?

DMF - can't hurry love on Sullivan
DMC - fats waller medley on Sullivan
JMC - andy williams doing Ladder and Everybody
JML - your wonderful sweet love on Flip
SCM - HMM on Dinah when they're in the lavender tops and black pants
MSS - udo live doing Walk Away

gman
05-19-2020, 12:40 PM
that's going to be tough...I have picked my single "hands down" but really have a few ties:

DMF...Eight Days A Week [[Shindig?)...since its TV, can't pick TAMI
DMC...[[tie!)..Forever Came Today [[Sullivan) /Love Child [[2nd Sullvan Performance, Pink Pantsuits)
JMC...Glen Campbell Show Medley w/ Everybody's Got The Right
JML....[[tie!) Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love [[Sonny & Cher) or live I Guess I'll Miss The Man [[Soul Train)
MSC....[[tie) All I Want [[Sonny and Cher) / National Anthem- boxing match version
MSS...Walk Away w/ Udo....can this count? its not a USA show.

floyjoy678
05-19-2020, 01:09 PM
DMF-tough one but it's a tie between the January and May 1965 appearances on Hullabaloo.
DMC-Reflections on Hollywood Palace
JMC-Homeward Bound medley on Glen Campbell
JML-Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love on Flip Wilson
SMC-All I Want on Sonny and Cher was good I guess but I haven't seen too many from this lineup that impressed me, same with SMS.
SMS-Let My Heart Do the Walking on Bandstand.

luke
05-19-2020, 03:13 PM
JMC Ed Sullivan. Up the Ladder

lucky2012
05-19-2020, 04:09 PM
DMF Stop! [[Hollywood Palace) First time I saw The Supremes
DMC Love Child [[single debut on Ed Sullivan) - knew it was going all the way to #1
JMC Up the Ladder to the Roof [[Ed Sullivan) - anticipated and exciting

Didn't see much of the later Supremes on TV and can't recall a memorable appearance.

sup_fan
05-19-2020, 06:16 PM
DMF Stop! [[Hollywood Palace) First time I saw The Supremes
DMC Love Child [[single debut on Ed Sullivan) - knew it was going all the way to #1
JMC Up the Ladder to the Roof [[Ed Sullivan) - anticipated and exciting

Didn't see much of the later Supremes on TV and can't recall a memorable appearance.

so when DMC appeared on the screen in shorts and street clothes, what did you think?! did you gasp at the shocking nature of it?

lucky2012
05-19-2020, 07:37 PM
so when DMC appeared on the screen in shorts and street clothes, what did you think?! did you gasp at the shocking nature of it?

I was totally shocked, come to think of it! But I loved it because it sold the song. Not that the song needed it. I knew it was a #1 hit right then. 52 [[!) years later, it's just one of many iconic Ross looks. She recreated that look just two years later on her debut album.

luke
05-20-2020, 03:42 PM
DMF. Love is like an Itching...Ed Sullivan

sup_fan
05-20-2020, 04:34 PM
I was totally shocked, come to think of it! But I loved it because it sold the song. Not that the song needed it. I knew it was a #1 hit right then. 52 [[!) years later, it's just one of many iconic Ross looks. She recreated that look just two years later on her debut album.

i can imagine!

if you listen very closely to the opening of No Matter What Sign, just as the camera pans onto the girls entering in those wild silver and blue/green pantsuits, you can actually hear the audience gasp a little! the girls walk on all smiles and sort of "strike a pose" while the sitar is playing in the song's intro. and the studio lights are just blinding on those pantsuits!

it's not part of the tape but when the girls walked out onto the stage and got into position on the Love Child set, i bet the audience gasped too!!

sup_fan
05-20-2020, 04:35 PM
DMF. Love is like an Itching...Ed Sullivan

and while it's not my fav Sup song, i do love that we have a real live version of the song. they're not lip syncing. or at least Diana isn't

i do have to laugh, i call these the Lady Bird Johnson dresses lololol. they look at bit matronly IMO ;)

luke
05-20-2020, 08:19 PM
They all seemed really into the song...”go mary!”