PDA

View Full Version : Obama the war monger. GW Bush has a third term.

test

funky_fresh
03-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Even before the election, it was apparent to myself and others that Obama was not the "hope for change" that all of his blind followers thought him to be. Now Obama has dragged this country into yet another mindless and expensive war. This country is broke and there are Americans struggling to feed their families and keep their homes yet this hawkish president, much like his predecessor, is dead set on furthering this countries damaging foreign policy and guaranteeing its demise. I wish that the American populous would wake up to the SHAM that the "two party" system is. Americans are complacent to let others do their thinking for them. Tow the party line is all they know. Throw in a little racism from both black and white and a whole lot of zionist control and you have a nation full of zombies.

http://walt.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/03/21/what_intervention_in_libya_tells_us_about_the_neoc on_liberal_alliance

http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bush-obama-morphing.jpg

adult in the room...lol more like neocon in sheeps clothing

robb_k
03-27-2011, 01:31 AM
2753I agree that the "two-party system" is a sham. Big money controls the media in USA, and so, it controls the voting.

But, I disagree that there is a lot of Zionist CONTROL. USA backs Israel, because Israel is a "Western" island in a an Arab sea that contains oil that USA wants to keep available to themselves [[and The West). They use Israel as a military base, take advantage of its intelligence operations and data, and Israel fights for some of the same causes [[and so, serves as an ally). There is other support for Israel from US Christian Evangelists. I doubt that Jewish Zionists have much control of anything in USA. USA's problems come from its billionaires [[like those of Europe as well) being too greedy, and taking much too much of The World's money for themselves, leaving much less for the rest of the population than they deserve [[acting like Eastern Potentates). The US [[and the rest of The World) could use a more equitable wealth distribution.

StuBass1
03-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I hear you Rob...but let's not forget...the United States has the HIGHEST corporate tax rate in the world...and 10% of Americans are paying over 70% of the bills.What proportion should the most successful Americans pay? 100 %??? Do you think that would stop the people who pay nothing from asking for more??? People who pay nothing have virtually NO stake in our country's success. Perhaps as a nation...we just spend too damn much???

StuBass1
03-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Do you also know that the "average" American CEO stands 6'4" tall??? Perhaps we should just increase taxes on TALL people!!!

funkcity
05-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Stu...Hi Stu long time!!:)
Your theories seem interesting but maybe GE paid zero taxes last year? and maybe the Government and its ever-expanding war machine spends too much?? How many more countries must we "visit" to convert and police? Send the Army Corps of engineers to your home town [[Detroit) and clean it up. That I can understand. I just can't see getting involved with more countries in the god-forsaken Mid-East. and yes the 2 party system is totally bought-off by the same lobbyists! And also I too would like to be 6'4" :)))

ms_m
05-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Robb K big money doesn't just control the media it controls political parties as well....ALL OF THEM including the Tea Party [[google Koch Brothers)

It does not matter how many political parties are created in this country. As long as current campaign finance laws stay in place, any tom, dick and harry party can come along and if they DO NOT HAVE big money backing them they can't win.

When the American voting population stops letting politicians pull their emotional strings and...and they [[American voting population) start thinking for themselves based on fact and not BS rhetoric that adheres to their own personal wedge issue beliefs.....maybe things will change but I would not hold my breath.

The world will not end tomorrow but if American voters continue to refuse to use rational and critical thinking skills, we may all come to wish it had!

ms_m
05-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh and Robb K,

Yes, US tax rates are high — but few corporations actually pay that rate. US corporate tax receipts as a % of GDP is low/in-line with other OECD countries [[http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/sites/20758510-2009-table5/index.html;jsessionid=7ms4fd9c76dtc.delta?contentT ype=/ns/KeyTable,/ns/StatisticalPublication&itemId=/content/table/20758510-table5&containerItemId=/content/tablecollection/20758510&accessItemIds=&mimeType=text/html) and the effective tax rate is similarly in line.

Given the historic level of profits by US corporations, it seems that the screaming about taxes driving away business is pretty lame, not to mention disingenuous.

…and as I’m sure you know Robb K, many European countries have low corporate tax rates and high individual rates but they get free education and medical....so who is actually shelling out more money in the US?

A money making corporation like Exxon will end up paying less taxes than many middle class individuals and for their money, what do individuals get… bogus talking points from the right.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/01/ge-exxon-walmart-business-washington-corporate-taxes.html

and that oh so awesome “Fair Tax” bill the right is pushing…..well …..

http://www.factcheck.org/taxes/unspinning_the_fairtax.html

...and last but not least, would someone riddle me this.....Nevada and Florida both have low corporate tax rates.....where are the jobs, jobs, jobs, for these States?

ms_m
05-22-2011, 06:23 PM
….Obama the war monger. GW Bush has a third term.

Funky Fresh, I wanted to give this deep thought before I commented because I believe you write these types of headlines and comments simply to get a rise and reaction.

Every since you came to this board you have rarely [[if ever) had a positive word to say about Barack Obama candidate and subsequently [[and to your chagrin) President Obama. Your sentiments are not particularly unique or unusual since there are many who share them but I have always found it interesting you do not put half, hell a tenth of the effort to promote who you feel, is a better alternative. Why is that?

The Foreign Policy article made for interesting reading but frankly, I’ve read Arab scholars who have a direct interest in Libya, that have laid out better arguments for non intervention from the West that were much more compelling. None of their arguments were based on US politics or any type of name calling of any Western leader. As a result, I tend to agree with their argument for non intervention. However, because I have followed [[in real time and via satellite) the conflict in Libya, I understand the rock and a hard place predicament the West [[and several Arab countries) founds themselves in terms of, should we or should we not get involved. Criticism would have been swift and harsh whatever leaders had decided so whether I agree or not, I respect the tough position and subsequent choice they all made. Don’t like it, but respect it. However, I will continue to align myself with causes that advocate the US get out of Libya and I’ll leave the punditry of this matter to others.

While I’m here and on another subject…..Israel, Palestine and President Obama…

I read something recently that I am in 100% agreement….I’ll paraphrase that statement and add a few thoughts of my own.

My issue with President Obama and his recent speech is his statement, "we cannot afford to wait another decade, or another two decades, or another three decades, to achieve peace. The world is moving too fast."

That may be true but I do not believe either side [[in terms of leadership) has any problem continuing this dispute indefinitely if compromise is the only means of settling their issues. In the context of the conflict's history, an additional century is just a blink of an eye for all parties concern.

If the masses [[the ordinary citizens from both sides) rise up in an Arab Spring type situation and force their leaders to resolve this issue, maybe things will change but I don’t see that happening.

Woodrow Wilson was against creating an Israeli State in the region before he was for it….If he had followed those instincts and or stayed out of this mess, Britain and France would have stayed on the hook for creating this quagmire [[along with the UN) and we could have stayed on the side lines. [[Countries choose to abstain from UN votes all the time)

…but that didn’t happen and a million [[metaphorically) years later, here we are.

Frankly, I’m fed up with the US of A no matter what President or US political party is in charge, putting time, effort and money into this entire mess. Whatever will be over there will be, and I’m more concerned with preserving the social safety net and freedoms for American citizens in this country.

I don’t have any problems helping and supporting friends [[Allies) but at some point, if that friend or Ally is dragging you down, you should seriously consider “cutting bait and swim” because if you drown, that friend will simply move on to someone else to help them solve their problems while you are swimming with the fishes and Bin Laden.

It is my opinion, anyone who wants to fight the good fight for either side, should leave the US and move to their respective area of concern where they can get on the ground and in into the thick things instead of riding on the sidelines here. If concerned parties are not willing and or able to do that … [[please feel free to finish the sentence however you choose)

Funky Fresh, I will continue to look forward to reading your witty repartee on the skills [[or in your mind, lack of skills) of President Obama and can’t wait for the next, oh so original photo shopped pic. I’m also looking forward to the day you show 100% support for your “chosen one” [[or ones if their are several) and can’t wait to hear your arguments as to why he, she or they would be a better fit for this country and it’s people. I’m also interested in hearing the methods or policies these alternatives would initiate and how they would get them through congress and made into law.

Have a great day Funky Fresh and later, gator!

ralpht
05-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Well, Funky. Ms. M lays out quite a case for her side of the story in her usual well thought out way. As moderator, what I'm looking for from you is an equally well thought out response without resorting to political baiting or inane generalities. Think about it and keep it cool.

ms_m
05-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words Ralph but there are lots of mistakes in spelling, grammar and punctuation that I was too lazy to correct... but if you got the gist of what I was trying to convey, it's all good.:)

In the meantime, maybe this will finally put to rest the myth …he’s just like Bush. ????

Obama Would Veto ‘Forever War’ Language in Defense Bill
Susan Crabtree | May 24, 2011, 6:35PM
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/05/obama-would-veto-forever-war-language-in-defense-bill.php#more

ralpht
05-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm not your English professor, Ms. M. Just the humble moderator of a simple music forum.

ms_m
05-25-2011, 01:46 PM
LOL, I hear ya Ralph.

In all honesty, that comment was directed at the internet grammar and spelling police ;)